[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TheExplorer

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2015.08.19.02b

Post by TheExplorer »

Hey guys, first, thanks for this nice addon!

One question though:
I disabled the Download button on the Status Bar as there is a default Firefox one next to the address bar but I still see an annoying popup when something is saved on my disk, like images etc.
Can I disable this popup?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Is it 'status4evar.download.tooltip' ?

Well, I played with this and a couple of other options and disabled the popup, but I still see a little 'download icon' on the Status Bar. It just blinks for a second and disappears. Can I remove it permanently?
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Trying Version 2015.08.19.02b and Twitch Full-screen still shows the status pop-up thingy in the bottom-left: http://i.imgur.com/TPIsciw.png

YouTube Fullscreen is fine.
roger21

Post by roger21 »

to disable the url popup in the bottom in the new html5 twitch full screen mode (while still using status-4-evar), the easy fix is to disable "Detect Full-screen mode and show links/status appropriately." in the advanced tab of the options of status-4-evar

of course it will also disable every url popup in every full screen mode as well ....

i hope there would be a fix soon but i'm not sure from who, i guess the new html5 twitch full screen mode is not just a html5 video but more a web page in full screen so the status-4-evar option about hiding the popup in full screen html5 video is legitimately not working, but is twitch doing something wrong? i don't think so either...
spymaster

Post by spymaster »

Good thing there's a temporary solution. The status showing in full-screen videos was driving me nuts.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

That works for me since the only time I go full-screen is when watching videos.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Has anyone else using Status-4-Evar in Nightly seen that despite having Show progress in location bar set to Top, the progress bar displays across the bottom instead?

EDIT: I am using the beta version.
Last edited by WildcatRay on October 9th, 2015, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

WildcatRay wrote:Has anyone else using Status-4-Evar in Nightly seen that despite having Show progress in location bar set to Top, the progress bar displays across the bottom instead?

Yeah, but the best is that for me this progress bar on urlbar is disabled, suppose be, but I still see it ;) So it must be recent change in Nightly breaking S4E :)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Xetmes wrote:
    WildcatRay wrote:Has anyone else using Status-4-Evar in Nightly seen that despite having Show progress in location bar set to Top, the progress bar displays across the bottom instead?

Yeah, but the best is that for me this progress bar on urlbar is disabled, suppose be, but I still see it ;) So it must be recent change in Nightly breaking S4E :)

There may be related information here.
    Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
    joeg
    Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

I use Status-4-Evar with Classic Theme Restorer. I have the latter set to "text-only" mode.

Starting with the 09 Oct 15 Nightly, the text for the extensions I have assigned to the status bar has disappeared. It could be related to WildcatRay's issue, but I'm not sure.
    Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
    streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

joeg wrote:I use Status-4-Evar with Classic Theme Restorer. I have the latter set to "text-only" mode.

Starting with the 09 Oct 15 Nightly, the text for the extensions I have assigned to the status bar has disappeared. It could be related to WildcatRay's issue, but I'm not sure.

Could be this... let and const compliancy breaks some add-ons. • mozillaZine Forums
    Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
    H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
    HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
    joeg
    Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

streetwolf wrote:
    joeg wrote:I use Status-4-Evar with Classic Theme Restorer. I have the latter set to "text-only" mode.

Could be this... let and const compliancy breaks some add-ons. • mozillaZine Forums
    Thanks. Yes, that's what I meant by "WildcatRay's issue".
    Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
    Bluefang

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2015.10.10.15b

Post by Bluefang »

Version 2015.10.10.15b
    * Fix non-compliant usage of 'let' in Firefox 44 (Bugs 589199, 1202902). There are still issues related to binding to the built-in downloads panel.
    * Rename preference names from status4evar.* to extensions.caligon.s4e.*
    * Fix location bar progress padding in Firefox 42.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... /versions/

EDIT: I've filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1213620
    Last edited by Bluefang on October 10th, 2015, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
    WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks, Bluefang!
    Ray

Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

MozMozMoz wrote:I have "show progress in the location bar" checked and "line style" set to "fill". When I focus the location bar, the progress bar get minimized to the height of a few pixels ... how can I prevent this from happening? Is there something I can add to userChrome.css so that the progress bar fills the height of the location bar even when it's focused?

This is intentional behavior so that the location bar test is not obscured by the progress bar. It may be possible to override it with CSS. Give this a try:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url("chrome://browser/content/browser.xul")
    {
       #urlbar #urlbar-progress-alt
       {
          -moz-box-flex: 1 !important;
       }

#urlbar #urlbar-progress-alt > *
       {
          border: none !important;
       }

#urlbar-container:not([combined]) #urlbar-progress-alt,
       #urlbar-container:not([combined]) #urlbar-progress-alt > *
       {
          borderradius: 3px;
       }
    }

TheExplorer wrote:Well, I played with this and a couple of other options and disabled the popup, but I still see a little 'download icon' on the Status Bar. It just blinks for a second and disappears. Can I remove it permanently?

Customize the toolbar and remove it.

MarkRH wrote:Trying Version 2015.08.19.02b and Twitch Full-screen still shows the status pop-up thingy in the bottom-left: http://i.imgur.com/TPIsciw.png

Twitch looks like it's a Flash based player. Though it's odd because it uses an HTML UI, and my click-to-play didn't block it. But I can't find a <video> or <canvas> element on the page.
    There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
    joeg

Post by joeg »

The update fixed my problems immediately and perfectly - ummmmmmmm at least in regard to Firefox.
    :-)

Thank you.