block popup doesn't working

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Michael REMY

block popup doesn't working

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

since a little time i notice, the block popup feature doesn't work anymore on several website.
an exemple : nitroflare.com
each time i put the focus into the captcha field, then a popup open whereas i blocked the domain for popup !

maybe the popup is launched by a script into a iframe from nitroflare or the captcha, then seamonkey can't managa to understand the real source of the popup.

secondly, when a popup is open, is there a way to know the domain which launched it ?

what is wrong ?

Best regards
-Px-

Re: block popup doesn't working

Post by -Px- »

Just to check, do you have any Error: NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS messages in Error Console?
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

-Px- wrote:Just to check, do you have any Error: NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS messages in Error Console?

once the captacha is here, i clear the message console.
then i click into the captcha to enter then they goes the popups...

if you want to try, just find a "nitroflare part2 file" into google to donwload and chose the Free methode, you will have to go throught a lot of popup before the captcha and in the captcha operation.

have a good day
-Px-

Post by -Px- »

I have only one popup on those pages, but that may be because of adblock
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

-Px- wrote:I have only one popup on those pages, but that may be because of adblock

try without adblock and you will see the block feature of seamonkey does not work anymore there
-Px-

Post by -Px- »

Michael REMY wrote:
-Px- wrote:I have only one popup on those pages, but that may be because of adblock

try without adblock and you will see the block feature of seamonkey does not work anymore there

It wasn't really working for me even before, so this is may not even be a regression