SeaFox - Development

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
patrickjdempsey

Re: SeaFox - Development

Post by patrickjdempsey »

LuvKomputrs wrote:Part of that feature wasn't fully working with 0.4.4. Updated to 0.4.5 and the problem is now gone. :)

Likely you were seeing the issue I was seeing with parts of SeaFox not correctly loading. I'll take that as further confirmation that I wasn't just imagining that issue and that it is now fixed.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
patrickjdempsey

Just leaving notes here on what I need to work on for the next version:

- Either find a fix for the combined back/forward dropmarker or remove it and add a first run script that replaces it with old back and forward. Not pretty but something's gotta give.

- Work on replacing var with let in me JS: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2015/07/es6-i ... and-const/

- Continue Addons Manager restyle support.

- Look into middle-click issues on History menu, Back/Forward and Reload buttons.

- Look into supporting Ctrl-drag to copy tabs like Firefox does.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
patrickjdempsey

It looks like getting Ctrl+Reload to work to duplicate tabs will require copying the JS function from Firefox browser.js:

Code: Select all

function BrowserReloadOrDuplicate(aEvent) {
  var backgroundTabModifier = aEvent.button == 1 ||
//@line 1893 "c:\builds\moz2_slave\rel-m-rel-w32_bld-000000000000\build\browser\base\content\browser.js"
    aEvent.ctrlKey;
//@line 1895 "c:\builds\moz2_slave\rel-m-rel-w32_bld-000000000000\build\browser\base\content\browser.js"
  if (aEvent.shiftKey && !backgroundTabModifier) {
    BrowserReloadSkipCache();
    return;
  }

let where = whereToOpenLink(aEvent, false, true);
  if (where == "current")
    BrowserReload();
  else
    duplicateTabIn(gBrowser.selectedTab, where);
}

function BrowserReload() {
  if (gBrowser.currentURI.schemeIs("view-source")) {
    // Bug 1167797: For view source, we always skip the cache
    return BrowserReloadSkipCache();
  }
  const reloadFlags = nsIWebNavigation.LOAD_FLAGS_NONE;
  BrowserReloadWithFlags(reloadFlags);
}

function BrowserReloadSkipCache() {
  // Bypass proxy and cache.
  const reloadFlags = nsIWebNavigation.LOAD_FLAGS_BYPASS_PROXY | nsIWebNavigation.LOAD_FLAGS_BYPASS_CACHE;
}

Reload functions in SeaMonkey navigator.js:

function BrowserReload(aEvent)
{
  var where = whereToOpenLink(aEvent, false, true);
  if (where == "current")
    BrowserReloadWithFlags(nsIWebNavigation.LOAD_FLAGS_NONE);
  else if (where == null && aEvent.shiftKey)
    BrowserReloadSkipCache();
  else
    OpenSessionHistoryIn(where, 0);
}

function BrowserReloadSkipCache()
{
  // Bypass proxy and cache.
  const reloadFlags = nsIWebNavigation.LOAD_FLAGS_BYPASS_PROXY | nsIWebNavigation.LOAD_FLAGS_BYPASS_CACHE;
}

SeaMonkey already has a compatibility shim for supporting duplicateTabIn via OpenSessionHistoryIn.
patrickjdempsey

patrickjdempsey wrote:- Look into middle-click issues on History menu, Back/Forward and Reload buttons.

Interestingly, this does work via Ctrl+click and middle mouse button on my home laptop, just not on my work machine. Going to have to do more testing on that. I had wondered why I hadn't noticed that feature missing before. At least that's one less thing to worry about being broken!
patrickjdempsey

At some point I'll get around to removing the extra Menu Bar check on the toolbar context menu. I'm super busy ATM folks. I spent all fall helping a friend open a Lebanese restaurant only to immediately get caught up in building crosses and candleholders for Advent at the last minute at work. Of course my digital camera died so I can't even get good photos of my work. And now I'm sick on Thanksgiving. This year. Ugh. Thanks for the patience folks.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

patrickjdempsey wrote:At some point I'll get around to removing the extra Menu Bar check on the toolbar context menu. I'm super busy ATM folks. I spent all fall helping a friend open a Lebanese restaurant only to immediately get caught up in building crosses and candleholders for Advent at the last minute at work. Of course my digital camera died so I can't even get good photos of my work. And now I'm sick on Thanksgiving. This year. Ugh. Thanks for the patience folks.
No problem, Patrick. Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Heal soon! All the best, and have a happy Thanksgiving (if possible). :wink:
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

patrickjdempsey wrote:At some point I'll get around to removing the extra Menu Bar check on the toolbar context menu. I'm super busy ATM folks. I spent all fall ...
...pushing out the zzzzzzzzzz's?

Until this incredibly lazy man finally gets his act together, then use this in your userChrome.css -

/*Frank bails out PJD fix...*/
menuitem#toggle_menubar {
	display: none !important;}
:)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
patrickjdempsey

I've uploaded a new version of SeaFox that fixes the double menubar toggle and removes the unified-back-forward-button as that was more pain that it's worth. Compatible with SM 2.39 and up only. Haven't had time to go into anything else and still haven't tracked down why middle-click works on Back/Forward buttons on my home machine and not on my work machine. I'd appreciate some testers looking at that. Considering the current craziness in Mozilla, I'm not interested in working on any new features at this time.