Google Search result Blank Page

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
mahendra

Google Search result Blank Page

Post by mahendra »

Since yesterday I am facing a weird problem. My home page is google.com & when I search something on google search bar, it does show the dropdown options (autocomplete) but when I search, the result is a blank page.

I have tried everything from disabling addons, currently using adblock plus, video download helper, user agent switcher., clearing cache, etc. Even unistalled firefox, removed all the mozilla/ firefox files & folders, then installed 41.0.2, then also facing the same issue.

When I open firefox for the 1st time, the search does work but when the pages are open & when I try to search in a new google page, the search result shows a blank page.

Though it works fine in private window mode most of the time, but sometimes the same problem persists in private window mode too.

Any help will be appreciated to resolve the issue, thanks

therube

Re: Google Search result Blank Page

Post by therube »

Any change if you restart in Safe Mode?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
beezilla

Post by beezilla »

Check if your Google Predictive(Instant) Search is turned on: https://www.google.com/preferences
Under "Google Instant predictions" choose "Always show Instant results", Save it and try search again.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Or the other way around, never show Instant results.
AGAS

Post by AGAS »

I have the same problem since yesterday. Most of the time search returns a blank page. I think the problem is with Google because it also happens in Chrome.
Hope this gets fixed soon, i'm tired of having to write the same words twice or more for the search to work.
randomBR

Post by randomBR »

Selecting "Never show Instant results" in the Settings of Google Search fixed this issue for me.