Screen Scrolls to Top

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Sasquatch2015

Screen Scrolls to Top

Post by Sasquatch2015 »

I have had this issue for a while and finnaly have had enough. When i am on pages like twitter, instagram etc... I wil open up a picture or video, but when i close them the page will scroll all thwe way back to the top. I have tried diabling smoth scrolling and auto scrolling, clearing cash, history, temp files, but nothing happens. Any idea how to stop this? ](*,)
DanRaisch

Re: Screen Scrolls to Top

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.
Sasquatch2015

Post by Sasquatch2015 »

my bad sorry,. wasn't sure whichto post in. hopefully someone can give me an idea. Using latest firefox, Win7 home premium, Pc is 64bit.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

Does this happen, for example, with http://youtube.com or with http://stjamestheapostle.ca? I know that this latter site is totally static and therefore that your page shouldn't jump to the top.

In the case of Twitter (and I think Instagram too), the page refreshes automatically every x seconds if there are new posts. So if you visit a busy page (ex.: news tweets on election night), twitter reloads the page every so often to display the most recent tweets.
The only way to prevent this would be to prevent the site to automatically refresh itself. I think it can be done, but I don't remember how to do so.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
Sasquatch2015

Post by Sasquatch2015 »

no it does not do it on these. i have tried in safe mode, clearing cash, history , etc... I have also tried Google chrome and I.E and does the same thing. I tried to contact twitter directly but HA good luck getting an answer from them. And i also thought there was a way too keep it from reloading but i cant rememberhow either. This even happens when there are no new posts on the thread.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

If a web page instructs the browser not to cache the page then it isn't possible to return to the previous position.
Try to open links in a new tab via a middle-click with the mouse wheel.
You can also middle-click context menu items like View image to show the image in a new tab.
Then you can close the tab without the need to reload the page.
Sasquatch2015

Post by Sasquatch2015 »

nope clicking on mouse wheel does not work and websites like twitter dont allow post to open in seperate tab!