SeaMonkey 2.38 has been released!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
rsx11m

Re: SeaMonkey 2.38 has been released!

Post by rsx11m »

Firefox has released 41.0.2 with one high but not critical security fix.

rsx11m wrote:
  • The list of known vulnerabilities hasn't been updated for SeaMonkey 2.38 yet.

I have opened bug 1209484 for this and went through the list myself to figure out which bugs affected us in 2.35 and 2.38; this is pending as a patch from which you can figure out which MFSAs apply for which SeaMonkey release, but not much action yet to actually push it to the announcements site.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

The lists of vulnerabilities fixed for 2.35 and 2.38 are now posted on https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey/. 8-)
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

and finally sm 2.39 beta 1 is on the way (hope the devs still leave the release date (28/10/2015)), read on the status meeting log
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Nothing is tagged yet on comm-beta, and if I remember correctly, Callek wanted to give ewong the changesets to be used for the build yesterday evening, so either this didn't happen yet or ewong didn't get around to start the build process (and just for the record, today wasn't meant as the release of the beta but the start of the build process).

Probably within the next few days we should see some action, 2.39 final would hopefully follow soon (if no issues show up during the beta build).
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

rsx11m wrote:[...]ewong didn't get around to start the build process[...]
What's going on with The New Build Machine? Is it a problem because SeaMonkey Community lacks of people and resources (money?) or maybe it's Mozilla fault (they block something)?
--
therube

Post by therube »

All of the above ;-).
AFAIK, he's still working from a temporary loaner machine just so that he'll be able to get things cooking.
(That is how 2.38 was released.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

therube wrote:All of the above ;-).
AFAIK, he's still working from a temporary loaner machine just so that he'll be able to get things cooking.
therube,

I have not followed this closely. Is it a matter of money to buy hardware for SeaMonkey? The idea that SeaMonkey is dependent upon the good graces of Mozilla sticks in my craw.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Zerebralus wrote:soooo :-) let's keep at look into http:// ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.39b1/ :-)
I did, it stuck in my craw so I uninstalled it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Frank Lion wrote:
Zerebralus wrote:soooo :-) let's keep at look into http:// ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.39b1/ :-)
I did, it stuck in my craw so I uninstalled it.
What happened? More details, please... :-k
--
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

ndebord wrote:
... Is it a matter of money to buy hardware for SeaMonkey?
therube is right, Windows builds are coming from the loaner machine, Linux and Mac OSX from the regular Mozilla builders. Mozilla is supposed to provide infrastructure support to SeaMonkey. The only problem with the regular builders on the Mozilla site didn't get necessary updates of operating systems and compilers in order to build versions from Gecko 37.0 and higher (which is why we were "stuck" at 2.33.1 for a very long time). The loaner is a workaround, let's see if and when the actual fix on the official builders is actually going to happen.

Also, the announcement for the SeaMonkey 2.39 Beta 1 release got posted on the website today.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

rsx11m wrote:
ndebord wrote:
... Is it a matter of money to buy hardware for SeaMonkey?
therube is right, Windows builds are coming from the loaner machine, Linux and Mac OSX from the regular Mozilla builders. Mozilla is supposed to provide infrastructure support to SeaMonkey. The only problem with the regular builders on the Mozilla site didn't get necessary updates of operating systems and compilers in order to build versions from Gecko 37.0 and higher (which is why we were "stuck" at 2.33.1 for a very long time). The loaner is a workaround, let's see if and when the actual fix on the official builders is actually going to happen.

Also, the announcement for the SeaMonkey 2.39 Beta 1 release got posted on the website today.
rsx11m,

Thanks, saw the beta, as SM is my go to suite, I will install it separately to see how it works. I have not experienced the hangups that others report, so knock on wood. <g>

FWIW, I am a grant writer. Has anybody considered KickStarter, etc.?
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

SeaMonkey 2.39 is out, still reasonably on schedule - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2972567