Tab Mix 0.2.1 is available 2005-05-04

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
logixoul

Tab Mix 0.2.1 is available 2005-05-04

Post by logixoul »

Tab Mix 0.2.1 is released. Discuss it here. The homepage is at http://tab-mix.info.tm .
tombik

Post by tombik »

I´m missing: Open a new tab while ckicking on Homepage Button in toolbar.
Lanik

Post by Lanik »

From http://tab-mix.info.tm
Soon after I (logixoul) took over the development of Tab Mix, I experienced some serious private problems which unfortunately make it impossible for me to continue its development (hence the very small advance from 0.2 to 0.2.1) . SUN Chun-Yen (the creator and previous developer of Tab Mix) has found a person to take over the development. The project is being tranferred to him.
Thank you for all your hard work and best of luck to you. Tab Mix is a great extensions hope it stays that way with the new person taking over development.
gssq

Post by gssq »

The "open links from other applications in..." option disappeared. Argh!

Hope your private problems get resolved speedily and happily.
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

gssq wrote:The "open links from other applications in..." option disappeared. Argh!

I suppose you intend irony here... actually I don't care. This option is built in Firefox. To access it go to Tools->Options->Advanced if you use the default menu configuration.
PierreFox

Post by PierreFox »

Now who continue the developpement of the extension ? (website ?)
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

PierreFox wrote:Now who continue the developpement of the extension ? (website ?)
The website is under construction. When it's ready, its address will be posted.
MorpheusUK

Post by MorpheusUK »

Soon after I (logixoul) took over the development of Tab Mix, I experienced some serious private problems which unfortunately make it impossible for me to continue its development (hence the very small advance from 0.2 to 0.2.1) . SUN Chun-Yen (the creator and previous developer of Tab Mix) has found a person to take over the development. The project is being tranferred to him.

Logixoul,

I would just like to say thanks for all the effort you have put into Tab Mix since taking over and I (sincerely) hope that whatever your personal problems are they are resolved quickly and in a manner that provides a good outcome for you.

Thanks again,

Morpheus
Zulithe

Post by Zulithe »

A question ... someone posted "tabmix_0.2_fx_20050420.2_TRUNK.xpi" in another thread which worked with the Firefox 1.1 nightlies. This one does not work with 1.1 nightlies (even if I alter the install.rdf for 1.1 compatability) ... will the changes from the TRUNK version of tabmix be incorporated into a future official version?
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

MorpheusUK wrote:

Logixoul,

I would just like to say thanks for all the effort you have put into Tab Mix since taking over and I (sincerely) hope that whatever your personal problems are they are resolved quickly and in a manner that provides a good outcome for you.

Thanks again,

Morpheus
Thanks. But I don't deserve it actually. The improvements in both 0.2 and 0.2.1 were mostly marginal and I can not say I gave Tab Mix a lot. But nevermind, let's leave this thread solely for discussion of the extension. Does anybody have problems with the newly added flex tabs feature?
@Zulithe: I'm sure they will be. But not from me. It would be logical for them to be.
gssq

Post by gssq »

logixoul wrote:
gssq wrote:The "open links from other applications in..." option disappeared. Argh!

I suppose you intend irony here... actually I don't care. This option is built in Firefox. To access it go to Tools->Options->Advanced if you use the default menu configuration.

Well it's nice to control all the tab options from one place. And you duplicated many (most? all?) other native FF tab preferences, so I was wondering why the one I mentioned disappeared.
cheesypeanut

Post by cheesypeanut »

Awesome, you a truly a god among men. Sweet extension. Thanks.
Squig

Post by Squig »

Flex tabs seem to work good if your using one othe single row scrolling tab modes.

Multi-row seems to have flex tabs by default if tab min and max width are set different. This is nice until you get a handful of tabs open, then page titles stop displaying in new tabs. I started getting really small tabs that just have an icon and close button. With the close button turned off its an icon and three periods. If i set min and max tab width the same size(no flex) pages titles are displayed properly.
Hernals

Throbber opens new tab (in foreground)?!

Post by Hernals »

Could you please integrate a function to open the Throbber in a new tab (in foreground) with Leftclick?!
I did not find a code for about:config, so is it possible to integrate this feature in tabmix? My throbber ist the last and only button where I need middleclick to open in new tab (in foreground) ...
ArtLonger

Post by ArtLonger »

logixoul
Whether probably to make inheritance of a condition tabs? Lock, protect and etc...