Privacy Browsing reversal?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
4freebird

Privacy Browsing reversal?

Post by 4freebird »

This morning I added the Private Window feature in Firefox. Unfortunately, it did not inform me what was not saved until AFTER I had chosen it. Its help page does not say how to reverse it.

I found that it hampers my ability to use my own computer. Does anyone know how to delete/eliminate this feature?
DanRaisch

Re: Privacy Browsing reversal?

Post by DanRaisch »

Menu path "File->New private window" is a built in feature of current versions of Firefox, not an add-on. Are you referring to something else?

As for reversing it, please tell us how you "added" that function so we can understand what you are working with.
4freebird

Post by 4freebird »

I added it by clicking on a page from Firefox titled Private Browsing. This added a new addition in the "open menu" (the three horizontal bars.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

As I said, that's not an add-on. It's a standard part of current versions of the browser. You don't need to do anything to "reverse" it, just don't use that menu path.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

The Private Browsing option just opens a new "Private" window.
To reverse it, just close it as per normal & as nothing is written to disc, all will be deleted upon closing it.
Your "normal" Firefox will be returned to whatever page/s, site/s you left it at.

I think that's what you mean?
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I wonder if the OP clicked on some Firefox info page's area where when doing that clicking it changed the OP's options to 'always' be in Private mode... if so... click on Options/Privacy and on the line 'Firefox will' ... change it to Use Custom settings for History and make sure that the box for Private browsing is not checked...
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
4freebird

Post by 4freebird »

Thanks dfoukes. I think that fixes it. I had thought that the "New Private Window" toggled on and off.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You're Welcome! :D

... and a FYI ... I need to get into a private 'tab' at times... and this extension is great for that...It just sets up those tabs as private and nothing else.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!