SeaMonkey 2.39 has been released!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Anonymosity

Re: SeaMonkey 2.39 has been released!

Post by Anonymosity »

Firefox 3 theme for SeaMonkey is working for me. I did patch it in places using Early Blue theme as a guide, though.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Ironically, Mozilla is looking for someone to throw a million dollars at right now.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Ironically, Mozilla is looking for someone to throw a million dollars at right now.
patrickjdempsey,

Say what?
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

rsx11m wrote:ndebord, thanks for looking up the details. Netscape was AOL, whoever owns that now... 8-)

The SeaMonkey community is actually registered already as a non-profit in Europe (either mnyromyr or mcsmurf set that up), which makes sense given that the key players are living there. Thus, using the European counterpart (if there is any) might be another option, given that it's established there already.
rsx11m,

Last listed owner of the Netscape trademark is AOL. It does not show up in records as being transferred to anybody. How about Mosaic, did Andreessen obtain trademark for Mosaic in 1997 when he left university? Lots of questions, as the name is important.

As for tech, I do work with one tech college, mentoring youth in tech literacy here in Brooklyn. I do not have a tech background though and no current contacts in that growing industry.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

ndebord wrote:
patrickjdempsey wrote:Ironically, Mozilla is looking for someone to throw a million dollars at right now.
patrickjdempsey,

Say what?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2969657
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
sothron

Post by sothron »

Anonymosity wrote:Firefox 3 theme for SeaMonkey is working for me. I did patch it in places using Early Blue theme as a guide, though.
Interesting. When I hit on the update to 2.39 it tells me the following themes will not work and the only one I use is Firefox 3 theme. I will not upgrade unless that theme can work. Literally the only reason I use SM as my only browser is because it looks like old Firefox.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

sothron wrote:I will not upgrade unless that theme can work. Literally the only reason I use SM as my only browser is because it looks like old Firefox.
With that attitude I don't think anyone here is going to care if you update or not, or even continue to use SM at all, for that matter.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
sothron

Post by sothron »

Frank Lion wrote:
sothron wrote:I will not upgrade unless that theme can work. Literally the only reason I use SM as my only browser is because it looks like old Firefox.
With that attitude I don't think anyone here is going to care if you update or not, or even continue to use SM at all, for that matter.
What a completely unnecessary personal attack. And you commented on my attitude? :-"
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

sothron wrote:
Anonymosity wrote:Firefox 3 theme for SeaMonkey is working for me. I did patch it in places using Early Blue theme as a guide, though.
Interesting. When I hit on the update to 2.39 it tells me the following themes will not work and the only one I use is Firefox 3 theme. I will not upgrade unless that theme can work. Literally the only reason I use SM as my only browser is because it looks like old Firefox.
I bet the problem is that you did not bump up the max version in install.rdf in the root directory of the .xpi file. I download the theme (right-click the istall button and choose to save) rather than installing right away and do that as a matter of course, then install manually.
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

sothron wrote:.... I will not upgrade unless that theme can work. Literally the only reason I use SM as my only browser is because it looks like old Firefox.
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Startup time is MUCH faster than 2.35 (used to be about 8 seconds for my profile, now the browser window comes up instantly and finishes loading in about 2-3 seconds) :D