Moderator-related issues

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Moderator-related issues

Post by joeg »

Is there a mechanism for raising moderator-related issues?

Thank you.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
LIMPET235

Re: Moderator-related issues

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
What exactly is the problem?
State your case here & the mods will try their best to help out.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi,
What exactly is the problem?
State your case here & the mods will try their best to help out.
OK, thanks.

I made a post to a forum that I believed (and still believe) is appropriate to my question.

A mod moved it without informing me and without giving me any notice. When I clicked the notice I got from the board telling me there had been a reply to my post, the message said "The thread doesn't exist" or something similar.

I PMd the person to inquire what had happened. S/he explained that the post had not been deleted but merely moved. S/he provided me with the appropriate link.

I wrote to the person and explained why I thought the other thread was better. The mod simply repeated her/his message verbatim.

I've now written several PMs to the person. In each case, s/he has merely copied and pasted her/his original message.

The issue is nothing special or secret, and I'm not at all "angry" with the mod; I simply don't understand her/his behavior.

I'll be happy to post screenshots of all the "correspondence".

Thank you for your help.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

A mod moved it without informing me and without giving me any notice.
When I clicked the notice I got from the board telling me there had been a reply to my post,
the message said "The thread doesn't exist" or something similar.
That, is most unusual, as "we" usually leave a "Shadow Topic" link to the moved post.

Perhaps s/he just overlooked that small check "box", which is very easy to do. (It's not checked by default.)

I'd suggest that you wait for a while. S/he may have been very busy at work or ?
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:
A mod moved it without informing me and without giving me any notice.
When I clicked the notice I got from the board telling me there had been a reply to my post,
the message said "The thread doesn't exist" or something similar.
That, is most unusual, as "we" usually leave a "Shadow Topic" link to the moved post.

Perhaps s/he just overlooked that small check "box", which is very easy to do. (It's not checked by default.)

I'd suggest that you wait for a while. S/he may have been very busy at work or ?
OK, thanks.

The issue is anything but "urgent". If I wait a couple of days and still don't hear anything, will it be OK if I reposted my inquiry where I originally had it?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Ahhh, That would probably not go down well.
Leave it as is.
A link to the "moved" post would help.

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:Ahhh, That would probably not go down well.
Leave it as is.
A link to the "moved" post would help.
Do you mean here or where I originally had it?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Post the link to that moved post/thread here, so we don't have to go looking.

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:Post the link to that moved post/thread here, so we don't have to go looking.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2838491&p=14398547#p14398547
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

I see.
Well, it is in the correct forum, now.
If anyone can help sort the minor Theme problem out,
R_F_L_C, can.

&, I still reckon that s/he just missed checking that small Check Box.

As I mentioned, it's very easy to do. (I've done the same....occasionally.)

Hang 5?

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:I see.
Well, it is in the correct forum, now.
I'm still not so sure.

As I've said, the buttons where it doesn't appear the way I want are "extra" ones put in place by other extensions. They're not really part of the theme, but rather have to do with the Fx UI. That's why I had my post in the "Support" section.

Actually, I was hoping that FrankLion or one of the other theme experts would see it. Where it is now, only the RedCat theme followers will (might) ever see it.
LIMPET235 wrote:If anyone can help sort the minor Theme problem out, R_F_L_C, can.
For sure, but since it's not directly an RC issue, I thought the dev's time could be better used for something else.
LIMPET235 wrote:Hang 5?
:-"
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

It was a merge. Assuming it was a direct merge you don't have an opportunity to leave a shadow. Also, it was merged to Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat theme thread, the fellow who wrote the theme.

joeg, if you cannot find a post, simply on "View your Posts" on the menu box on the upper left.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
joeg

Post by joeg »

LoudNoise wrote:It was a merge.
OK, but I ain't Mr. Spock.
LoudNoise wrote:Assuming it was a direct merge you don't have an opportunity to leave a shadow.
No problem, but if you intervene in someone's post, and in this case you know you can't leave a "shadow", I'd say that the common rules of politeness require you to inform the person whose post you've moved.
LoudNoise wrote:Also, it was merged to Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat theme thread, the fellow who wrote the theme.
As I've indicated, in this case, I don't feel RC is the cause, but rather the "victim". I intentionally didn't want to pester the dev.
LoudNoise wrote:joeg, if you cannot find a post, simply on "View your Posts" on the menu box on the upper left.
Don't you mean "upper right"? In any case, even if I do this, given the fact that I wasn't informed to which thread - or even to which forum - the post had been moved, how was I supposed to find it?

And for the record, all I really want here is the answer to my question. I apologize for the back-and-forth. I'm not trying to be argumentative.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
I'm fairly sure that R_F_L_C can assist with the prob.

As for "View your posts", I'd say that, that particular post/thread would be sort of, at the top of the list.
Try it & see?
Yep. It is at the top RHS.
LN is wrong way up, possibly due to he's using Linux? Dunno. :)

&....You're not coming over as being anything like argumentative.
Just explaining your query very nicely.

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi,
I'm fairly sure that R_F_L_C can assist with the prob.

As for "View your posts", I'd say that, that particular post/thread would be sort of, at the top of the list.
Try it & see?
Yep. It is at the top RHS.
LN is wrong way up, possibly due to he's using Linux? Dunno. :)

&....You're not coming over as being anything like argumentative.
Just explaining your query very nicely.
Thank you for your time and input.