Add-ons Manager Hilite [Thunderbird & Legacy]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
custom.firefox.lady

Re: [Ext] Add-ons Manager Hilite

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

avada wrote:Swell. Though I don't think 'Always Restore Hilite' option is relevant, because I have it enabled and it happens just the same.

That was the only way I could repro it here. Regardless, try beta 3 when I get it out and let me know whether the issue still occurs.
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

More add-on types (in bolded text) that need to be added

Language tools:
  • dictionary - dictionary (for speelcheekcing)
  • locale - language packs
Add-on types added by extensions:

p.s.
Like userstyle type, greasemonkey-user-script and custombuttons types have their own sorting (dontSort = true).

edit

Never mind. It's been done :)
https://gist.github.com/LouCypher/9bef48285237609c1193/raw/bootstrap.js
Based on v2.1b2 v2.1b3

See the diff here
http://www.diffchecker.com/ac0ajigf

Tested and worked.
Last edited by Zoolcar9 on December 16th, 2013, 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
custom.firefox.lady

Addons Manager Hilite 2.1b3 is now available for testing:

Changes since 2.1b2:
* Fixed: Sorting Option not always properly applied upon loading of Add-ons Manager

Pushing this to release soon to get these multiple bugfixes out; please report any issues promptly. Thanks to all testers!
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

What about my patch?

custom.firefox.lady

Zoolcar9 wrote:What about my patch?

Hi Zoolcar9,
Your patch looks fine. Would you like it included in Addons Manager Hilite 2.1? Just say so, and I'll include it in a quick release candidate. (The 'supported categories' list is getting a bit long. I might eventually attempt to dynamically generate that.) See you found a missing 'break;' affecting the 'Services' category too; thanks!

@avada:
Does beta 3 seem to fix your issue?
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:Your patch looks fine. Would you like it included in Addons Manager Hilite 2.1?

Of course. It's your code anyway :)

custom.firefox.lady wrote:(The 'supported categories' list is getting a bit long. I might eventually attempt to dynamically generate that.)

You might want to try `addonTypes` property in `AddonManager` object.

avada

Post by avada »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:@avada:
Does beta 3 seem to fix your issue?

Yes. There's a significant delay (1-2s) before the sorting is applied, but I guess that's just how long it takes to finish the process when you have a lot of extensions.
custom.firefox.lady wrote:(The 'supported categories' list is getting a bit long. I might eventually attempt to dynamically generate that.)

That makes sense. Who knows what adds categories that people might want...
custom.firefox.lady

Addons Manager Hilite 2.1rc is now available for testing:

Changes since 2.1b3:
* Added: Support for Dictionaries/Language Packs, Scriptish userscripts, and Custom Buttons (patch by Zoolcar9)
* Ignore sort option for Greasemonkey Userscripts and Custom Buttons categories (since they provide their own sorting buttons)
* Fixed: Issue with Services category

Known issues:
* Adding items such as userscripts, 'Custom Buttons' buttons, etc. may not immediately add them to the Autocomplete Listbox. They will appear next time the Add-on Manager is opened (or press F5 to refresh).
* Enabling the (off by default) sorting option may cause some delay as the items resort

Please report any bugs you might find. Thanks.

avada wrote:There's a significant delay (1-2s) before the sorting is applied, but I guess that's
just how long it takes to finish the process when you have a lot of extensions.

There's probably room for improvement in the speed here, but since this is an off-by-default option (and sorting is not the main purpose of this extension), it's low priority.

@Zoolcar9
Your patch is included; thanks for your effort. You mentioned the 'dontSort' bit for custombuttons, but that wasn't included in your patch, so I added it.
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:You mentioned the 'dontSort' bit for custombuttons, but that wasn't included in your patch, so I added it.

It was included in code based on 2.1b2 but I missed it when updated to 2.1b3.
Thanks for the update.

avada

Post by avada »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:* Ignore sort option for Greasemonkey Userscripts and Custom Buttons categories (since they provide their own sorting buttons).

That never worked, right? Because I don't remember the scripts being sorted by install date. Too bad they neglected a button for that...
custom.firefox.lady

avada wrote:That never worked, right? Because I don't remember the scripts being sorted by install date. Too bad they neglected a button for that...

It was very buggy and I hadn't intended for it to be enabled at all. I could override Greasmonkey's sort, but I'd much prefer that they added their own sort button for this. Why don't you contact Greasemonkey's author and request it?
Bogo

Post by Bogo »

I have Firefox 40.0.2. Both »Addons Manager Hilite« and »All-in-one Sidebar« work wonderful.
But: »Addons Manager Hilite« influences »All-in-one Sidebar« negatively: i.e. the scrollbar is not visible and not the whole lines of the add-ons are visible.
Deinstalling »Addons Manager Hilite« all problems are gone....
Could you please have a look into that?
THANK YOU very much!
custom.firefox.lady

Addons Manager Hilite3.0b1 is now available for testing:

Changes since 2.1.2.1:
* Saved selections for hilite now stored in pref rather than in localstore.rdf
* Saved selections now stored as name/value pairs
* Fixed appearance of hover highlight on Firefox 40+
* Minor cosmetic fix to Options panel (Correct size of Input field for entering 'Listbox Size')
* Remove apparently no longer necessary delays
* Drop support for UIextra hidden pref (broken since version 2.1)
* Add sorting buttons to AoM page (hidden in categories known to supply sort buttons)
* Drop Alphabetical & Updated sort prefs (use sorting buttons instead)
* Attempt to auto-detect categories

Known Issues:
* Clicking the "Enabled" sort button on another category causes the "Extensions" category to become selected. Fix planned for next version.
*If "Always Restore Hilite" option is disabled, the previously used sort order is not restored after closing/re-opening the Add-ons Manager.

Important Note: Due to change in method of storing the saved hilite, a one time reset of your saved hilite data will occur. If you downgrade to version 2.*, your hilites previously saved from 2.* will be restored from localstore.rdf. It is not necessary to delete that previously saved data, but if you wish to do so, uninstall 2.1.2 prior to installing 3.0. (If you've already installed 3.0, you can still delete the old data by reinstalling 2.1.2, uninstalling it, then installing 3.0.) Sorry for the inconvenience; this change was necessary to make saving/restoring more robust.

This provides a signed version on the beta (dev) channel in preparation for signing enforcement.

Bogo's issue was addressed via email; if anyone else needs help with that, please post here or contact me via the form on the homepage.

Thanks for testing!
Last edited by custom.firefox.lady on November 18th, 2015, 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
avada

Post by avada »

Hello!

It would be nice if the new sort buttons would be complete replacement for the old extensions.addonsmgrhilte@cfl.updatedSort;true setting.
At the moment it doesn't store the sort setting. Nor can it be set to sort by update date by default. Keeping the setting would be useful for the second issue.
Also it could store the MRU sorting setting.
custom.firefox.lady

avada wrote:At the moment it doesn't store the sort setting...
Actually it does store it. The intended behavior is that the MRU sort is restored. ATM that is connected to the "Always Restore Hilite" Option (the MRU sort gets restored along with the hilite). I agree that's probably not ideal. I doubt a separate setting is necessary for the desired sort upon opening AoM. I am leaning towards always restoring the MRU sort. Open to feedback on whether a "Restore saved sort (after Add-ons Manager is reopened or Fx is restarted)" option is required. Does anyone with one of the other installed extensions that use sorting buttons (Stylish, Greasemonkey, etc.) know whether they automatically restore the MRU sort? I think if there's a consistent behavior among them, we should probably just do that.

Also, wasn't it you who initially had the problem I originally added the delay for? If so, am I correct that they are no longer needed? IOW, does this beta regress that previous issue for you?