Control hits for View your Posts

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
dfoulkes

Control hits for View your Posts

Post by dfoulkes »

In order to reduce the load on the Mozillazine server and to reduce the amount of returned-targeted results when I clicked on 'View your Posts' ... (it's what I use when I want to see where my posts/responses stand), I modified the normal URL to this...
search.php?search_id=egosearch&sr=topics&st=30

The 30 number... and since I check it every morning I've never hit the 30 mark... I changed it to 20 to see what I would get... seems that 30 (or close to that) is some magic number... because changing my string to 20 returns all of my posts... many pages. Checked this out in IE ... same results.

So, I was wondering about that... seems that the board software would not care about a number smaller than 30.... or is 30 or ?? ... some magic number?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
barbaz

Re: Control hits for View your Posts

Post by barbaz »

:-k Try also setting sr=posts
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

30 is the number of posts on a single page (discounting stickies). That said, that returns three pages of results for me (68 topics).
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

barbaz
Thanks... but that gets me just my posts and that's not what I use... I basically use the standard View your Posts ... like up there on the RHS ... but I used to just click on it getting hundreds of pages... that was not needed so I saved a bookmark and trimmed it down to 30 topics and what is returned would be my most recent topics that I worked on... (just reread what I posted above and I stated it wrong... sorry, now I see why you mentioned the posts thing)... my bad! :oops: ... so I get my trimmed down list of 30 topics but I never need to show 30... more like 20 or less... but that won't work so I was wondering why 30 is some type of magic number. 30 works but 29 or less returns all my posts from way back when. No big deal... I was just wondering about it.

I just noticed that LoudNoise posted an answer... I can live with that ... thanks LoudNoise.... it did seem kind of strange though... what 30 and not say... 29.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Oh, that's weird... if I set st=1 or 7 it displays less, but 8 displays everything? :?

Ah, I see, maybe the st= parameter is limited to values selectable in "Limit results to previous:" on the advanced search page.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

barbaz wrote:Ah, I see, maybe the st= parameter is limited to values selectable in "Limit results to previous:" on the advanced search page.
I think you're right. The drop down choices are:
All Results
1 day
7 days
2 weeks
1 month
3 months
6 months
1 year

The st parameter seems to be in number of days, so the weeks, month, and year options are converted to days at 30 days/month.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers