[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Frank Lion

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by Frank Lion »

WildcatRay wrote:It seems like many are missing that 2 of the 3 affected buttons are the browser's and not extensions. Be definition, does that not make is mozilla's problem?

WildcatRay wrote:The History and Bookmarks buttons are the browsers, not extension

Those are from CTR. Default uses a single Sidebars button for those and it is unaffected.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

It appears that a patch to fix things with the button icons has been done. Details here.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Frank Lion wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:It seems like many are missing that 2 of the 3 affected buttons are the browser's and not extensions. Be definition, does that not make is mozilla's problem?

WildcatRay wrote:The History and Bookmarks buttons are the browsers, not extension

Those are from CTR. Default uses a single Sidebars button for those and it is unaffected.

Actually, the bookmarks button is the one that defaults to the right end of the bookmarks toolbar. It is the browser's button and not CTR's.

As to the history button, it does only appears in the Customize... palette after pulling the hamburger button off the nav toolbar, something that CTR does enable. I cannot say where it comes from.

Thanks for your other posts both here and in the Nightly thread. =D>
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
T.BugReporter

Post by T.BugReporter »

While I greatly appreciate these extensions, and the fact that they continue to be actively updated, I'm finding the recent flurry of minor updates to them to be rather tedious, especially for those of us that don't trust every Tom, Dick, and Microsoft enough to allow updates to our programs - any of our programs - to happen automatically. Couldn't you (I don't believe I'm saying this) do like Microsoft: pick one day a month and stick to releasing all your non-critical updates on that day?
dauge

Post by dauge »

Are you working on a signed versions?
dauge

Post by dauge »

signed version?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Any addon currently available on addons.mozilla.org is signed. If you are expecting to see "-signed" in the file name, it was only appended to addons grandfathered in.
Ray

enerjazzer

Post by enerjazzer »

Thank you so much for making "All Tabs Restorer"! I was crying when Mozilla removed the feature, and was so happy to find your extension that got me the essential functionality back, thank you!

However, it stopped working since FF42. Is there anything I can help with to get it back to working state?
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

There have been a few changes recently that would have broken it. The first was a file referenced in "alltabs.xpi\chrome\content\browser.xul". "chrome://browser/locale/tabbrowser.dtd" used to hold the close tab tooltip. That's gone now so the line that reads

Code: Select all

tooltiptext="&closeTab.label;"/>
would need to be changed. The easiest thing to do is just change it to

tooltiptext="Close tab"/>
It won't be localized, but that's not very important. The other thing is Mozilla changed how "let" works. In allTabs.js, the line

let myAllTabs = {
would need to be changed to

var myAllTabs = {
There is also a line near the bottom that reads

let (boxes = this.container.childNodes) {
Keep in mind this extension was not my code, but I think you could probably change that to

let boxes = this.container.childNodes
You'd also have to remove the

}
4 lines later.

All of this won't help for long though. As soon as electrolysis (e10s) is enabled this extension will completely break. It would need a worker module that gets information from each tab and be mostly rewritten to compile the data into something usable. When I first released this extension I thought I'd start using it again. I used it before it was built-in to Firefox and then kept using when it was baked in. However, when it was removed, I started using Tab Scope to preview individual tabs and I never stopped. because of all of the work needed to get this to work with e10s, I have discontinued working on it.

I also won't release a version with these changes. I don't want to give people hope that I'm still working on it. I'll probably delete it from AMO soon.
ginahoy

Post by ginahoy »

Chris, I just upgraded from FF28 to FF42 (yup, I was holding out as long as I could). I've been using your "Hide Tab Bar With One Tab" ever since FF did away with that option. Now I have to endure tabs-on-top. Sigh. So I tried two different TabsOnBottom add-ons, and in both instances, the location bar drops below the bookmarks menu bar whenever I open a second tab. Ouch!

I scanned back through this thread and found comments where you explained the limitation with having multiple add-ons that change a binding.

Theoretically, would it be possible to accomplish both features if implemented in a single add-on? Would that get around the binding conflict, or still be the same issue? Reverting to FF28 isn't an option for me (to many website compatibility issues), and having to choose between two valued add-ons is a real bummer.
makondo

Post by makondo »

You can move the tabbar to the bottom (under all toolbars, just above the content) with a css, something like this:

#navigator-toolbox > #toolbar-menubar
{ -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1 !important; }

#navigator-toolbox > #PersonalToolbar 
{ -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important; }

#navigator-toolbox > #nav-bar
{ -moz-box-ordinal-group: 3 !important; }

#navigator-toolbox > #TabsToolbar 
{ -moz-box-ordinal-group: 4 !important; }
Use Stylish instead of userChrome.css 'cause you can preview your changes w/out restart.
ginahoy

Post by ginahoy »

@makondo, that seems to work fine with the "Hide Tab Bar With One Tab" add-on. I just had to swap the 2nd & 3rd positions to restore the nav-bar where I want it, above the bookmarks toolbar. I didn't know that was called the Personal Toolbar but I figured it out. Thanks!
makondo

Post by makondo »

You're welcome!
I'm not sure why would you need Hide Tab bar... ext. when there's an option in Fx (under general tab, at the bottom):
ginahoy

Post by ginahoy »

Wow. I'm running same version as you and I don't have that option. I checked in safe mode just to be sure there's no conflict with my css, Hide Tab Bar or any other add-on. I'm still running XP, so just in case that might be an issue, I checked on my Win 8.1 tablet, which also has FF42, and screen is the same. What's up with that? I'm guessing that yellow question mark might be a clue...

Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

That's a tab mix plus option