[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
makondo

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by makondo »

Really?! I had no idea! What is it doing in the Fx Options?... Thanks, Chris!

PS. After thinking a bit, i remember requests and onemen adding it. Still didn't know it shows in the Fx Options as well:
TMP Options/Display/Tabbar

Sorry for confusion, thanks again, Chris!
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

makondo wrote:Really?! I had no idea! What is it doing in the Fx Options?... Thanks, Chris!

PS. After thinking a bit, i remember requests and onemen adding it. Still didn't know it shows in the Fx Options as well:
TMP Options/Display/Tabbar

Sorry for confusion, thanks again, Chris!
We've been using it for so long we forget that the option is not there in Firefox Options without TMP. :mrgreen:
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
makondo

Post by makondo »

Yeah, i remember people crying out loud about mozkids eliminating the option and onemen then quickly saved it. But i didn't know (or don't remember, which is the same) that it shows in the Fx Options.
Last edited by makondo on November 28th, 2015, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phyco1991

Post by phyco1991 »

Chris000001 wrote:I'll probably delete it from AMO soon.
Appreciate your work on this extension Chris. I noticed you have deleted it now, however could you please send me a copy? Or at least just the allTabs.js file? Thanks
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Here's allTabs.js: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q4447q5sk2xe ... bs.js?dl=0. Keep in mind it wasn't working. I posted a page back what probably needs to be changed to fix it for non-e10s.
phyco1991

Post by phyco1991 »

Chris000001 wrote:Here's allTabs.js: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q4447q5sk2xe ... bs.js?dl=0. Keep in mind it wasn't working.
Thanks for that. I have got it working in Fx42 using your advice on the previous page.

If you don't mind I would appreciate if you could shed some light on the below question though?

I had removed this segment of code a while back on my end to eliminate the extension hijacking the behaviour of Ctrl+Shift+Tab on install:

this.allTabsPref.setBoolPref('browser.ctrlTab.previews', true);
},
init: function () {
Components.utils.import("resource://gre/modules/Services.jsm");
if (this._selected)
return;

My question is whether that should have any impact on the behaviour of the keyboard shortcuts for All Tabs Restorer as regardless of what I set the extensions.allTabsRestorer.keyCode and extensions.allTabsRestorer.keyModifiers preferences to it doesn't seem to work.

Having re-added the above code today and not seeing any difference I'm going to assume the answer is they aren't related and something else is causing my problem unless you tell me otherwise?
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

When this was first made it would not work without browser.ctrlTab.previews being set to true. I don't know if that is still true, but that's what the first line did.

Without the Components.utils.import("resource://gre/modules/Services.jsm"); line preferences cannot be loaded, so things like "getCharPref" do not work. It just has to be loaded somewhere early on (before preferences are loaded.) It doesn't do anything but add some of Firefox's built-in commands to be accessed by add-ons.

You might want to try some other codes/modifiers and see if it works then. Maybe something else is using the keys you want to use.
phyco1991

Post by phyco1991 »

Chris000001 wrote:You might want to try some other codes/modifiers and see if it works then. Maybe something else is using the keys you want to use.
Ok, so I can make everything work almost perfectly with browser.ctrlTab.previews set to True, except even if I change the codes/modifiers for the extension, that ctrlTab preference still hijacks the default behaviour of Ctrl+Shift+Tab (effectively meaning that combination now does nothing at all if you have more than 5 or so tabs open).

If I toggle browser.ctrlTab.previews to False, the keyboard shortcut stops working altogether but the addon otherwise works fine and I regain the standard use of Ctrl+Shift+Tab.

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to set a key binding to just open the all tabs panel without interfering with anything else at all, is that doable?

Thanks for your help!
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

No idea
phyco1991

Post by phyco1991 »

Chris000001 wrote:No idea
Alas that is the same conclusion I came to unfortunately. If only I had more knowledge of javascript I'd probably have a better idea as to what could be done. Nonetheless I will continue to use the add-on until e10s is unavoidable!
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

You have to restart after changing the key codes/modifiers to release the old ones and set the new ones. You do realize 50% of people are supposed to have e10s activated on the next Firefox version (43)? And although I haven't seen anything about it, I assume the other half will get it with version 44?
phyco1991

Post by phyco1991 »

Chris000001 wrote:You have to restart after changing the key codes/modifiers to release the old ones and set the new ones.
Yep understood. I did quite a lot of restarting Firefox last night lol.
Chris000001 wrote:You do realize 50% of people are supposed to have e10s activated on the next Firefox version (43)? And although I haven't seen anything about it, I assume the other half will get it with version 44?
AFAIK they are targeting mid-2016 for it to be enabled in the release version. Judging by http://arewee10syet.com/ there are still quite a lot of add-ons that aren't ready yet so it would be a huge mistake for Mozilla to force it through so quickly.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

I might be thinking of the beta channel. I also seem to recall 45 was supposed to be the release. Since Mozilla stopped communicating or even putting out updated materials a few year ago it's impossible to tell. I just wanted to make sure you weren't spending a lot of time on something that could break in a month or two.
phyco1991

Post by phyco1991 »

Chris000001 wrote:I just wanted to make sure you weren't spending a lot of time on something that could break in a month or two.
Thanks for that. As I tend to operate with 200+ tabs open at any one time this is a make or break feature for me in Firefox, managing them without it would be almost impossible. If they don't continue to offer the option to toggle e10s off I will just have to stay on an ESR until an alternative solution is developed.
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

Extension Options 2.13.1 doesn't seem to be working in 64-bit Palemoon 25.8.1 on Windows 10. The extension itself looks like it works fine, but the UI is missing from the Tools menu. (Technically, the UI would be in More Tools in my case as I have that extension installed.)
Will Pittenger