Combine Toolbars?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Kitty25

Combine Toolbars?

Post by Kitty25 »

How do I combine 2 toolbars on one line? I currently have 4 toolbars and that doesn't leave much room for the web page. In IE I could drag one toolbar to another. In Firefox am I stuck with one toolbar per line?

Post by Guest »

it's easy right click on a toolbar select customize, drag icon from 1 tool bar to another then use the hide toolbar option to minimize the amout of toolbars.

Post by Guest »

Thank you for the quick response. unfortunately that doesn't work for me. I'm trying to combine the google toolbar and the Stumble toolbar.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

You can't combine complete Toolbars; you can hide them = View > Toolbars.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.

Post by Guest »

In IE you can unlock the toolbars to rearange them. I looked through the extensions for firefox but could not find one that would let me unlock the toolbars.
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

Don't know anything about the Stumble bar, but if it can't be moved, you should be able to move the Google bar to the Stumble bar, I think.
The Google bar is moveable, as are the other bars. With the Customize window open, drag the bars anywhere that you want them, and click Done when you're finished.
Windows 7 Home SP2

Post by Guest »

No can't move the google toobar but thank you for your reply.
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

Strange - I've put the Google Bar, Address Bar, and all the toolbar icons on the top, next to the menu items. (FF 1.0) Did you click on the URL icons when you tried to drag them?
Windows 7 Home SP2
GUEST :)

Post by GUEST :) »

eleanor wrote:Strange - I've put the Google Bar, Address Bar, and all the toolbar icons on the top, next to the menu items. (FF 1.0) Did you click on the URL icons when you tried to drag them?

OP is not referring to the default search bar, but the Googlebar, a Firefox extension that installs a toolbar like the Google toolbar for IE. No it cannot be moved, nor can the other toolbars installed by extensions, or the toolbars themselves that come with FF. The toolbar items can be moved, but again, extensions are different- you cannot move the googlebar icons to other toolbars.

There is a way to make the Googlebar into an item moveable to a toolbar, but it is for the Googlebar lite version, and requires some work on your part. I believe details are available on the extensions homepage, or possibly a thread in the extensions forum.
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

Sorry #-o Should have said Search Bar. I sometimes forget that Google Bar is an extension.
Since the Location/Address bar IS moveable, can it be added to one of the immoveable bars?

Extension toolbars are different. Some of them let you decide among different options what to show on them, but basically no. Stuff from them can't go to the FF toolbars, and FF toolbar items can't go to them. (This may not apply to every one, but that has been my experience. When possible, it is usually more convenient (for me) to find extensions that add icons rather than toolbars (the icons can move just like the default FF ones) or add options to the context menu.
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

Thanks for the clear explanation!
Windows 7 Home SP2

:D Glad to help.
James

Post by James »

GUEST :) wrote:There is a way to make the Googlebar into an item moveable to a toolbar, but it is for the Googlebar lite version, and requires some work on your part. I believe details are available on the extensions homepage, or possibly a thread in the extensions forum.

Psst.. wanna move Googlebar lite...