Help with Browser View addon please

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Ed1

Help with Browser View addon please

Post by Ed1 »

On a Windows 10 system using FF43, I am trying to have the functionality (similar to the IE View addon) to open a web page that is displaying (perhaps incorrectly) in Firefox in the new Microsoft Edge browser. I have found the Browser View addon for FF, which seems capable of doing this to open a page in any browser.

But when the addon's settings are used to set the path to the Microsoft Edge executable file, it does not seem to work. I have found what I believe is the MS Edge executable file in the Windows-System Apps-MicrosoftEdge folder. But using that executable in the Browser View settings will not work to have the addon's button open MS Edge.

Is there a MS Edge executable file somewhere else in the Windows 10 directory structure? I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for any help someone can provide on this.
Brummelchen

Re: Help with Browser View addon please

Post by Brummelchen »

Edge is an app, no exe. sorry.

starting edge with command line
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3116 ... mmand-line
the magic number is 51 and you are probably part of it :p
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

Thanks, Brummelchen. Does that mean that it is not possible to use the Browser View addon to open a page being displayed in FF in MS Edge?

It seems that the Browser View addon can open a page in Internet Explorer if the path to the IE exe is set in Browser View settings. The same cannot be done with MS Edge though, correct?
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

I resolved this issue by uninstalling Browser View and installing the Open With addon instead. It is able to open MS Edge and works well.

Open With uses this to open MS Edge:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe "microsoft-edge:%s "
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

you better use the cmd.exe as i linked - explorer ist not made to start anything - its an file browser.

anyway, i dont have edge on m win10 LTSB - any browser from MS is pain.