[Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.1.0

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 5.8.5b1

Post by joeg »

Aris wrote:I can fix that on next CTR beta, but is it really wise to use a complete theme, that does not offer Fx45 compatibility, on Firefox 45? In Firefox 45 identity boxes content and code heavily changed.
Thanks Aris.

I'm not sure if "wisdom" has anything to do with my decisions. It's just that I love this theme, and I want to continue my primitive "testing" of the Nightly, so I don't really see any way around the combination.

Anyway, as I've said, thanks very much for your ongoing commitment to Firefox - especially in the face of the changes that are set to come.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Aris

Post by Aris »

As a side effect of CTRs favicon option, Fx45s connection/identity icons don't show blank areas anymore with CTR v1.4.5b2, even if a complete theme is not yet supporting them.

joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

Aris wrote:As a side effect of CTRs favicon option, Fx45s connection/identity icons don't show blank areas anymore with CTR v1.4.5b2, ...
Super, Aris. Thanks.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Scarlettrunner20

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

Fx 43 and CTR beta took away small icons for Red Cats. I posted about it in CTR thread only to have my post ruled OFF TOPIC and hidden and locked. I guess Aris saw my post anyway somehow as the LATEST CTR 1.4.5Beta8 that I just updated to fixed the problem! I now have small icons again for Red Cats. Thanks Aris!
Scarlettrunner20

Ugh. I just updated to Fx 43.0.1 and I again have HUGE Red Cats icons. UGH.

Why are the Red Cats icons so unstable on Fx? They stay small on Pale Moon always. I'll have to stop using Fx now as I hate huge icons.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Scarlettrunner20

I have not tweaked CTR for Red Cats themes buttons. Could you post a screenshot so all readers here can see the problem you have?
Looks like this for me with and without CTR (on both Fx42 and Fx43.0.1).

patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Why don't you just switch back to using ESR like you used to run so you won't have to be frustrated by these constant UI changes?
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Happy Holidays everyone! This year Santa brought you the new kitties. :mrgreen:

Red Cats 6.0.0 beta 2015-12-21 for Firefox 4.x - 45.x
Download: green flavorblue flavor

Compatible with Fx 45 and the new identity box
[Fixed] the TabMix Plus bug
[Fixed] the Yosemite scrollbar bug. Well, not exactly fixed but Yosemite users will get OS native scrollbars from now on
[Fixed] The Adblock Plus / CRT small icons + text mode bug (reminder: you need @import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/ctr_smallIcons.css"); for it to work)
Improved styling of the Options page (text fields, buttons, menulists)
Improved styling of the notification strips
Lots of minor fixes and improvements
joeg wrote:Does anyone know, please, how I can make the items in the Menu Bar that aren't "controlled" by my theme the same color as the ones it controls - i.e. pink?
All the items in your Menu bar are controlled by Cats. It's just that the pinkish highlight is for menus and the whitish highlight is for toolbar icons. What you need is a simple code snippet - I'll post it later.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
LIMPET235

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.0.0b

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi R_F_L_C,
The ABP split icon is now whole once more. Thank you.

The only "niggly" thing is the very small Close Tab button.
It's almost invisible. ;)

Could this be increased a little, possibly doubled?

Many thanks for all the great work you do for us who just love our/your cats.

Have a safe & Merry Christmas.

[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
mvdejong

Post by mvdejong »

:twisted:
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat wrote:Happy Holidays everyone! This year Santa brought you the new kitties. :mrgreen:

Red Cats 6.0.0 beta 2015-12-21 for Firefox 4.x - 45.x
Download: green flavorblue flavor

Compatible with Fx 45 and the new identity box
[Fixed] the TabMix Plus bug
[Fixed] the Yosemite scrollbar bug. Well, not exactly fixed but Yosemite users will get OS native scrollbars from now on
[Fixed] The Adblock Plus / CRT small icons + text mode bug (reminder: you need @import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/ctr_smallIcons.css"); for it to work)
Improved styling of the Options page (text fields, buttons, menulists)
Improved styling of the notification strips
Lots of minor fixes and improvements
joeg wrote:Does anyone know, please, how I can make the items in the Menu Bar that aren't "controlled" by my theme the same color as the ones it controls - i.e. pink?
All the items in your Menu bar are controlled by Cats. It's just that the pinkish highlight is for menus and the whitish highlight is for toolbar icons. What you need is a simple code snippet - I'll post it later.
Yeah, my minimize, maximize and close icons top-right are back again =D> . Makes life somewhat easier.
Home is where the cat is.
joeg

Post by joeg »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat wrote:... All the items in your Menu bar are controlled by Cats. It's just that the pinkish highlight is for menus and the whitish highlight is for toolbar icons. What you need is a simple code snippet - I'll post it later.
Thanks, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Scarlettrunner20

Aris wrote:@Scarlettrunner20

I have not tweaked CTR for Red Cats themes buttons. Could you post a screenshot so all readers here can see the problem you have?
Looks like this for me with and without CTR (on both Fx42 and Fx43.0.1).

I am using Red Cats 5.8.5 beta 1. I see there is a new beta available but I am afraid to try it as it might put back the large icons (would like to have the missing Windows upper right corner buttons back though).

You have the big Red Cats icons. Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat, back around May, in this thread posted code for me to use to get the small ones again. It was beta code at the time but I think incorporated now.

Earlier in this thread is a screenshot of the big Red Cat icons I get sometimes:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=48&p=14102189

Here is a screenshot of the small Red Cats icons that I like so much better:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=48&p=14150723

Then a few posts down from the above post showing the small icons, I mentioned that Fx 38.0.1 put the Red Cat icons back to large size.

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat then responded that Red Cats icons size should not be dependent on the version of Fx and commented the problem was likely due to CTR and asked if I had the very latest CTR version. I didn't so I got it and the icons became small again.

So, there is a definite interaction and dependency between Red Cats theme and CTR hence my most recent post about them becoming large again with the latest Fx update. I know that having Red Cats theme results in a number of options missing in CTR. I was not aware of this until an IT friend who is an expert on Fx pointed this out to me recently. So, I figured CTR was why I was seeing big icons again in 43.0.2 plus having the back/forward icons as only ONE icon (when Red Cats is small icons I have TWO icons not one for the back and forward buttons and since that is traditional Fx, I figured CTR was responsible for the better look).

I have discovered though that I can fix the large Red Cats icons that appear, whenever a new version of Fx is downloaded and installed through internal updater, by shutting down Fx and then REBOOTING my Windows 8.0 Pro computer and then opening Fx and the icons will be small again. Simply shutting down and restarting Fx does not have the desired affect and the icons remain large after a Fx version update but a computer reboot fixes the problem. That seems very strange to me but as long as that action continues to fix the problem then I am fine with doing that.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to bypass the Proxomitron while here hence the odd UA string. Proxo has a special style sheet for this site hiding the right side panel (with a toggle switch) so there is no wasted white space there underneath the bottom of the panel and I have always liked that look much better all these years. The correct UA string is 43.0.2. I am using CTR 1.4.6 beta 3 (and see there is an update waiting to be installed).
Scarlettrunner20

With 6.0.6 installed on Fx 43.0.3 on Windows 8.0 Pro, the small version of the Red Cats buttons are way too small (and I never thought I would think any button was too small). Plus, the bookmarks icon is huge. The spacing between the icons is weird...too much space. Plus, the icons just look funny like they are half finished. I installed this version only to see if it would give me back the needed Windows right upper corner control buttons. That area is still blank.

I reverted back to 5.8.5 beta 1. It's great (except for the missing Windows control buttons). I am wondering if the code I have to make the buttons small in 5.8.5 beta 1 maybe needs newer code to work right in 6.0.6? Or is the small buttons code now incorporated into Red Cats 6.0.6 so I should get rid of the code I needed to get small icons in earlier betas?
M()zart

Post by M()zart »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat, many thanks for keeping up your good work on your glorious themes. I stopped using firefox themes quite a few versions ago because at that time it seemed that it slowed down my Firefox. Recently I found an old browser screenshot with your theme and saw how beautiful it was. I decided to install it again, and found that it is updated for the latest firefox versions. Now I don't see slowdowns with it and I'm quite happy having cats back in my browser!

Even more thanks for your hints about style hacks! After seeing them I have found that with a bit of CSS knowledge and web development experience and the Stylish extension one can easily tweak Firefox look-and-feel to his needs. You just need to open your browser window in the DOM Inspector, select the necessary interface object (Edit > Select Element by Click or the corresponding toolbar button), browse through applied classes and styles and find the style you want to change, then override it in your Stylish style.

I have made the following styles to improve the theme look with my set of extensions, they may be useful for somebody using this theme and these extensions.

The styles to decrease empty space between tab rows in the multiline tab bar of the Tab Utilities extension. Default 4px is a waste of vertical space.

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab
{
margin-bottom:2px;
}
.tabbrowser-tab[visuallyselected], .tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"]:not([visuallyselected]) 
{
margin-bottom:1px;
}
And the fix for extension icons in the All-in-one Sidebar extension. Before I discovered this trick with Stylish extension I had to unpack this extension and change its styles file each time it was updated.

Code: Select all

.addon .icon
{
  padding:0;  
  min-width:20px;
  min-height:20px;
}
M()zart

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.0.0

Post by M()zart »

The latest version has an error for skinning the Scrapbook extension. In the extSkins.css, on the line 720, -moz-image-region is incorrectly specified. It is rect(0 217px 195px 0), and it must be rect(0 217px 16px 195px). As the result, the first button on the Scrapbook toolbar becomes a huge rectangle with all the icons in the background. Suggested fix corrects it.