Windows 7 vs. Windows 10 Compatibility (Solved)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
John Liebson

Re: Windows 7 vs. Windows 10 Compatibility

Post by John Liebson »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Have you tried the latest version of Cookie Monster? 1.3.0.0. Uploaded 3 weeks ago.

Also, it is not advised to copy extensions-related files around in different profiles or computers as those contain path-specific data.
1. As I wrote in this thread recently, in reference to Cookie Monster 1.3.0.0, "A few minutes later: Confusion is rampant. When you go to the version history, it shows that the latest version of Cookie Monster was released, but at the top of the page is the standard warning about using unreleased versions (or whatever it says.) Having noticed that, I tried to download it, which brought up stern warning that it cannot be downloaded for Fx 43. I gave up upon seeing that, and have reverted to my assertion that the version I am using is, at least as far as i know, the latest version."

2. While I know about the problem with copying extension-related files, I have done so fairly often with good results; however, in the present situation, I would not do that, given that the results are more than likely be bad.
John Liebson

Re: Windows 7 vs. Windows 10 Compatibility

Post by John Liebson »

I have now installed all extensions from the current profile to the new one on the Windows 10 computer; only one of them was rejected by Fx. The major stumbling block, Cookie Monster, works, without any warning from Fx.

While I am sure that I have not properly set all extension options, I doubt that that will have any effect on Cookie Monster. I'm not quite ready to mark this thread as "Solved," as I want some further time to check whatever might need checking, but at least progress has been made. So far, it appears as though the problem, whatever it is in the current profile, is caused by something in that profile, a `something' that likely shall never be known, and which may even be unknowable.
John Liebson

Re: Windows 7 vs. Windows 10 Compatibility (Solved)

Post by John Liebson »

Yesterday, I installed Cookie Monster 1.3.0.0, which, upon a Fx restart, still showed the message about the extension not being verified for use with Fx. I next deleted the extension and reinstalled it, whereupon Fx no longer indicated any problem with Cookie Monster on my wife's computer, the one running Windows 10.

Based upon that result, I have finally marked this thread as solved, albeit I shall never know what the problem was that caused me to start the thread.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

1.3.0 is signed and usable

just installed it for you in my test profile.

btw actually working with win10 as you can see yourself lower right of my posting
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Yes, I know; after all, that is what I wrote just above, that I now have Cookie Monster 1.3.0.0 working with Windows 10 on my wife's computer.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

if that was intended - congrats after all =D>

sorry for inconvenience before.
ssprinz

Post by ssprinz »

Brummelchen wrote:1.3.0 is signed and usable

just installed it for you in my test profile.

btw actually working with win10 as you can see yourself lower right of my posting
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
This thread is the only reference to cookie monster 1.3.0 I could find. I've been using it fairly successfully for awhile.
I must afdmit to some confusion about it. Does anyone know of a tutorial for this product?? What do the icons mean?
What does "default" mean, do I have the proper "options" selected, is a bowl holding a rose a good thing?
Seriously, some sites I visit I have to launch Edge to get thru. Is there any help with this? Thanks for anything !