Larger forward-back [resolved]

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
lovemyfoxy

Larger forward-back [resolved]

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I had to dump Classic Buttons because of a conflict with another extension. Is it possible to make the forward-back buttons in the default theme larger without downloading another theme? I find themes distracting
Last edited by lovemyfoxy on January 13th, 2016, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
mod_wastrel

Re: Larger forward-back

Post by mod_wastrel »

Larger? The Back button is pretty large by default. The CSS used by the extension is in one of the .css files included. It's not hard to find if you look for it. The CSS can be used either in Stylish or userChrome.css (in your 'chrome' folder).
;) mozillaZine is not Mozilla; just as Godzilla is not God. Neither is Mozilla God... they just think they are (what's that about:mozilla?).
Hey, Mozilla... are you sure you wish to do this? (bug 1121291)
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

My buttons are tiny, and I have older eyes. I don't do code; I'm asking if someone will code it for me
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
mod_wastrel

Post by mod_wastrel »

If they're really tiny, then I'm thinking maybe you have something installed which makes them tiny--not the default theme (where they don't look tiny at all [to me--also with "older eyes"]. A couple images might help: one for how they looked with Classic Buttons installed (large) and one as they look now (tiny).
;) mozillaZine is not Mozilla; just as Godzilla is not God. Neither is Mozilla God... they just think they are (what's that about:mozilla?).
mod_wastrel

Post by mod_wastrel »

FWIW, this makes the Back button & icon a little bigger and the Forward icon a little bigger as well without altering anything around them (for the default theme only):

Code: Select all

#nav-bar #back-button { padding-top: 0px !important;  padding-bottom: 0px !important; }
#nav-bar #back-button > image.toolbarbutton-icon
  { height: 38px !important;  width: 38px !important;  padding: 2px !important; }
#nav-bar #forward-button > image.toolbarbutton-icon
  { padding: 0 1px 0 7px /* default: 2px 3px 2px 9px */!important; }
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

That code does nothing, probably some conflict

Navig icons w/o Classic Buttons
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=110yemb&s=9

Navig icons with Classic Buttons
http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload

CB was conflicting before with my Custom Buttons extension, but it isn't right now, so I've reactivated it.

Thanks for your time.

OT
the first line in your sig is funny, but then you changed the mood.
/OT
mod_wastrel

Post by mod_wastrel »

As I said, the code is for the default theme --> unmodified by other code (which you seem to have). It works on a vanilla install I used for testing.

The second part of my sig was added later for those here who have the mistaken belief that there is any difference between the Firefox you download/install from Mozilla and the Firefox you download/install from PortableApps.com (who get the same Firefox--unmodified--from Mozilla as everyone else; all they do is provide a launcher which does some extra stuff related to portability--taking advantage of what's built-in to Firefox). So, what would you call that? ...yin-yang?
mod_wastrel

Post by mod_wastrel »

Just so you know, those links for tinypic don't work very well; maybe it's a tinypic thing (I've never been there before).

Also, I get the feeling that the tiny buttons you were seeing before aren't the actual Firefox [native] buttons. That would explain why the code above doesn't work for you.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

icons w CB should be this:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4takcn&s=9

My profile goes waaaaaay back many years, so I've lost track of changes. I turned on Classic Buttons again and it works for now :-)
Last edited by lovemyfoxy on January 13th, 2016, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mod_wastrel

Post by mod_wastrel »

I install every release that I use at least once new/vanilla (unmodified and with a new profile) to see what it looks like ("as Mozilla intended") before updating any older install already in place. You get to see some... interesting things that way. (Well, it's generally less interesting these days, Mozilla being what it is and where it's headed. Still, "look before you leap" is also a good plan with software updates.)
lovemyfoxy

Re: Larger forward-back [resolved]

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Good point. I'll try new ones on my other computer first. thanks.