[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by joeg »

The_Rave wrote:As mentioned before you was able to help yourself with some hints and experience and this is the minimum requirement in this case. All users of an official firefox build will have no problems at the moment. I'm think the developer of this addon will fix this, if its needed for the official firefox builds.
I hope you're right.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
woefully

Post by woefully »

I think the developer has not posted here for more than a year. He used to update the extension frequently.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

woefully wrote:I think the developer has not posted here for more than a year. He used to update the extension frequently.
Your screen name fits your comment perfectly.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
woefully

Post by woefully »

joeg wrote:
woefully wrote:I think the developer has not posted here for more than a year. He used to update the extension frequently.
Your screen name fits your comment perfectly.
Impressive observation, care explaining why? Merely stated the extensions' frequent updates stop on Nov.2014 and the OP's (xadiCanione) last visit dates Dec.2014, as reported by this forum.
joeg

Post by joeg »

woefully wrote:Impressive observation, care explaining why?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woefully
I think it's sad that the person hasn't been around for awhile.
woefully

Post by woefully »

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment, sorry if I did and got edgy. I've been monitoring this thread very frequently since this great extensions last update and already expressed genuine concern on the author. I hope we had some news, it just doesn't look good because he was always kind and responsive and seems unusual he'd just disappear.
joeg

Post by joeg »

woefully wrote:Perhaps I misunderstood your comment, sorry if I did and got edgy.
No problem.
woefully wrote:I've been monitoring this thread very frequently since this great extensions last update and already expressed genuine concern on the author. I hope we had some news, it just doesn't look good because he was always kind and responsive and seems unusual he'd just disappear.
My friend, it's called "life on Earth", and anything can happen.
akbar_888

Post by akbar_888 »

Hi guys, sorry but I didn't understood if it will be possible to deliver the fix without the original maintainer reappearing. Is a fork the only hope for fixing the extension for the Pale Moon?
Thanks.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

joeg wrote:Version 12.3.0.1-signed of this extension stopped working with Nightly (Fx46) on 07 Jan16. It's a wonderful extension and it would be great if you could update it.

Thanks very much. Please keep up your great work!
It seems that the author "Download Status Bar" has stopped support and further work...
But you can try this addon: Download Manager (S3)
"Download Manager (S3)" is very similar to "Download Status Bar", but has more functionality and possibilities
joeg

Post by joeg »

pag77 wrote:It seems that the author "Download Status Bar" has stopped support and further work ... But you can try this addon: Download Manager (S3)
"Download Manager (S3)" is very similar to "Download Status Bar" but has more functionality and possibilities
Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, the fix that The_Rave kindly provided has rendered Download Status Bar functional again, even including the most recent Nightly (01 Feb).

I tried Download Manager (S3) when Download Status Bar broke, but it didn't work.

As of tonight's build, both Download Status Bar and Down Them All (which updated today) appear to be fine - at least for now - so I'm a happy camper.
akbar_888

Post by akbar_888 »

joeg wrote:
pag77 wrote:It seems that the author "Download Status Bar" has stopped support and further work ... But you can try this addon: Download Manager (S3)
"Download Manager (S3)" is very similar to "Download Status Bar" but has more functionality and possibilities
Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, the fix that The_Rave kindly provided has rendered Download Status Bar functional again, even including the most recent Nightly (01 Feb).

I tried Download Manager (S3) when Download Status Bar broke, but it didn't work.

As of tonight's build, both Download Status Bar and Down Them All (which updated today) appear to be fine - at least for now - so I'm a happy camper.
Hi, could you please share the link to the latest nightly? Thank you.
joeg

Post by joeg »

akbar_888 wrote:Hi, could you please share the link to the latest nightly? Thank you.
Of Firefox? I guess the easiest thing is just to use the updater in your current version.

Otherwise, this is today's version of what I have on my machine:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox ... .win64.zip

If you mean, Flash, it's a beta rather than a "Nightly". Here's the link:
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

joeg wrote:I tried Download Manager (S3) ..., but it didn't work.
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3down ... /versions/
Version 4.02
Released January 28, 2016
fixed: normal work for multi-process (e10s) in Nightly
akbar_888

Post by akbar_888 »

I have been using this add-on with PaleMoon https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ar/?src=ss. Unfortunately it stopped working with PM 26. I saw that there is a fox proposed in the topic and unfortunately the original developer has not been working on it for almost 2 years.
I though that there is a nightly build of this add-on that fixes the issue. If not can somebody attach fixed version in the thread?
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Hi all,

I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.13.4.0.1-signed and review it please?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 0.1-signed

✓ Fix for Checksum that caused Firefox 47 and later to become unfunctional

Cheers