Options on Password Remembrance

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
fickut

Options on Password Remembrance

Post by fickut »

Personally, I don't want any programs to remember my passwords for me. I'd like to turn this feature off with Phoenix, but if it's possible, I can't find the setting anywhere.
old Neil Parks

Remembering Passwords--and forgetting them

Post by old Neil Parks »

fickut wrote:Personally, I don't want any programs to remember my passwords for me. I'd like to turn this feature off with Phoenix, but if it's possible, I can't find the setting anywhere.

It always asks yes or no, so you can always say no. Or you can select "never for this site" every time.

I don't mind Phoenix remembering my passwords--but what if my password to a given site has to change for some reason. How do we tell Phoenix to forget a specific remembered password without deleting the whole password file?
General E

"Never for this Site" doesn't always work

Post by General E »

This is not a password gripe, but more of a "forms" gripe. Mozilla 1.2 does not do this, BTW, but some sites (such as, say, Mapquest, where I've run into this with Phoenix 0.4) use long, complicated strings for their URLs as part of the site's operation (I'm not a web-programmer type, so forgive my ignorance). On sites like this, Phoenix asks me every time I type in new directions if it should remember the filled-in words. I hit "never for this site" 3 times running, yet it pops up each time regardless.

A Mozilla feature that would be nice to have brought over is to just deactivate ALL password and form remembering directly from the Preferences.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

They're doing a lot of work on changing from Wallet to Satchel (currently targetted for P 0.5), so check around Bugzilla for a similar request. If you can't find it, put in an RFE.
General E

Thanks a bunch

Post by General E »

alanjstr wrote:They're doing a lot of work on changing from Wallet to Satchel (currently targetted for P 0.5), so check around Bugzilla for a similar request. If you can't find it, put in an RFE.

I will. Thanks! :lol:
fickut

Post by fickut »

General E hit exactly what I want: An option to deactivate ALL password and form remembering directly from the preferences. Thanks, folks! I only started using Phoenix three days ago, so this stuff is new to me.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

fickut, until the UI for Satchel is ready, you could try to handle your problem by trying what I described in this thread.