MozillaZine

[EXT] Fox Web Security

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
david.l.d
 
Posts: 2
Joined: January 22nd, 2016, 8:56 pm

Post Posted January 24th, 2016, 9:37 pm

For example, if a person wanted to look at pornography, they could easily search a phrase (like "Boobs" or "woman in underwear") into any internet search engine like Google or Bing, and find lots of pornographic images. So, it is possible to add phrases to the blacklist, so that if a person searches them, the filter catches it and prevents the page from loading, just as with URL addresses that are on the blacklist?
Example: I add the word "Boobs" to my blacklist. Someone tries to search "Boobs" in Google image search, and Fox Web Security blocks the page from loading, giving the same (or slightly changed) block-screen. It seems like it should be possible, because the words are in the URL anytime search engine performs a search, so if you could just make the filter look at individual parts of the URL, you could block a page that contained only a word.

Sorry, I tried to put a screenshot but I can't figure out how.
Thanks,

pag77
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted January 25th, 2016, 12:03 am


Pretty Ricky
 
Posts: 1
Joined: February 4th, 2016, 12:18 am

Post Posted February 4th, 2016, 12:20 am

So my wife and I seem to have forgotten our password to change the settings on this add on. Anything we can do to recover it?

pag77
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted February 4th, 2016, 2:46 am

Pretty Ricky wrote:So my wife and I seem to have forgotten our password to change the settings on this add on. Anything we can do to recover it?

Run firefox in safe mode(without addons)

command line:
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode

or
Code: Select all
firefox.exe -safe-mode


after start:
type in address-bar: about:config
search: extensions.s3security.password_value
reset value

quit from firefox

pag77
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted February 23rd, 2016, 5:13 am

version 2.03
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/fox-web-security/

added: Settings: DNS Servers: Check
added: Statistics
added: actions-menu in Main ContextMenu and Tab ContextMenu
added: definition of some IP-addresses (reverse DNS lookup)
added: definition domain-name in national alphabet (punycode)
added: hidden setting: extensions.s3security.dns_server.timeout_value = 1...99999999, milliseconds
fixed: minor bug fixes

For classic pop-up alerts please use this addon:
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/classic-pop-up-alerts/

Gabisnak
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: March 3rd, 2016, 3:20 am

Post Posted March 3rd, 2016, 3:37 am

Hi, thank you for this plugin. I am testing it. Can you explain how the blacklist works ? Do I have to list every URL or is there a possibility to block an entire domain ? for example, If I add "tumblr.com" in the blacklist, when I type "tumblr.com" in the URL bar, the site is blocked, but when I search Tumblr in duckduckgo, the result is https://www.tumblr.com/ and I can click on the result, the site is note blocked. I would like to be able to block every tumblr.com/* URL.
thank you for your work.

pag77
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted March 3rd, 2016, 6:05 am

Gabisnak,

tumblr.com - locked only tumblr.com
*tumblr.com - locked jycyjrdctumblr.com, 651651tumblr.com, tumblr.com, etc
*.tumblr.com - locked tt.tumblr.com, 123.tumblr.com, http://www.tumblr.com, etc (but not locked "tumblr.com" ! )

for lock the domain and subdomains need 2 rules:
tumblr.com
*.tumblr.com

Baldape
 
Posts: 36
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Post Posted March 4th, 2016, 2:05 pm

Just noticed a bug where FWS blocks search suggestions on all search engines :shock: it seems to correlate with the latest update for Calomel SSL Validation. Disabling and re-enabling Calomel SSL Validation seems to fix at least for now.

pag77
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted March 5th, 2016, 1:24 am

Baldape wrote:Just noticed a bug where FWS blocks search suggestions on all search engines :shock: it seems to correlate with the latest update for Calomel SSL Validation. Disabling and re-enabling Calomel SSL Validation seems to fix at least for now.

I installed Calomel SSL Validation 0.79 but could not replicate your problem
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/calomel-ssl-validation/

Please more details (step-by-step) about your problems with screenshots, with screenshots FWS settings, with screenshots Calomel settings.

Baldape
 
Posts: 36
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Post Posted March 5th, 2016, 9:06 pm

pag77 wrote:
Baldape wrote:Just noticed a bug where FWS blocks search suggestions on all search engines :shock: it seems to correlate with the latest update for Calomel SSL Validation. Disabling and re-enabling Calomel SSL Validation seems to fix at least for now.

I installed Calomel SSL Validation 0.79 but could not replicate your problem
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/calomel-ssl-validation/

Please more details (step-by-step) about your problems with screenshots, with screenshots FWS settings, with screenshots Calomel settings.
It might have been a fluke. If happens again I'll take a screenshot. And I use the default settings for Calomel as for FWS.

pag77
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted March 6th, 2016, 4:34 am

Baldape wrote:It might have been a fluke. If happens again I'll take a screenshot.

ok, thank you.

UKHazzie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: March 8th, 2016, 7:42 am

Post Posted March 8th, 2016, 7:45 am

How would you blacklist all sites apart from whats in the whitelist?

pag77
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted March 9th, 2016, 5:10 am

UKHazzie wrote:How would you blacklist all sites apart from whats in the whitelist?

please test this version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg6hcyb8buxoksy/s3security-2.03-fx.xpi
Before install please follow this steps:
about:config
xpinstall.signatures.required = false


After install:
Settings > Blacklist > set " * " without quotes and spaces

pag77
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted April 1st, 2016, 7:02 am

version 2.05
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/fox-web-security/

changes:
added: Settings: Blacklist: "Forbid the creation of new tabs and windows"
added: Settings: Blacklist: * - for deny all domains
fixed: minor bug fixes


Please test Fox Web Security for Google Chrome:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fox-web-security/phodapffhgifgfppmcddhdaakbkkhkdk

pag77
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted April 5th, 2016, 10:58 am

version 2.06
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/fox-web-security/

changes:
hotfix: normal work for Firefox ESR 38

Return to Extension/Theme Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests