Tab Mix 0.2.1 is available 2005-05-04

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
CPU

Post by CPU »

you can middle click on the tab or have serveral menuitems

i think there is also a key combination.. but cant remember
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
Telstar

Post by Telstar »

Hi logixoul,

There is one feature in TBE that keeps me from switching to TabMix and I wonder if it could be incorporated into TabMix in a future version...

that is....the Load Tab Session feature that appears in the Customize window upon installing TBE and can subsequently be dragged to the Navigation Toolbar. Very handy for quickly pulling up saved tab sessions e.g. I have Firefox Support and Firefox General in one session that can open with a single click in the pulldown of Load Tab Session, plus other sites with either a single or multiple Tabs that I can access quickly without having to go to a Folder, Bookmarks or Favorites.

btw, I've posted in the past few weeks about problems I had when I said "yes" to a TBE Update (via the Update notice in the upper right corner of Firefox) ....it corrupted the Profile and caused me many problems and woe (e.g. JavaScript links would not open and the Extension Manager Window also would not show any extensions and only by making a new Profile and "ignoring" the Update offer has it been working ok).

Anyway, I would like to see TabMix with a Save Tab Session feature if at all possible..

Thanks,

Telstar :)
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

xpking wrote:how can i use the undo close tab function?
Way 1: Press Ctrl+Shift+F12.Way 2: Add it to your tab bar context menu in the Tab Mix's Options and then use it from this context menu. Both ways require it to be activated from Tab Mix's options->Events->Features.
@Telstar: (Warning: As I'm not the developer now, I can't say for sure) No toolbar button will be added (would add bloat) but the feature will be implemented and be accessible throught menus and/or hotkeys.
CPU

Post by CPU »

i have spent some time and i have modified tabmix

some of the things i did were
  • make history open in tab
  • add tooltip for new tab button
  • add tooltip for close tab button

download it here
Last edited by CPU on May 8th, 2005, 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
ucchan

Post by ucchan »

I see two little things:

- Using TM to restore the previous session works, but I end up with one blank tab in front of the rest;
- I can't find where to undo closing tabs :) .

I'll make a dutch translation for the 0.2 versions this week :) .
haroldo

Post by haroldo »

I installed 0.2.1 and the Select tab pointed for... option is checked. When I hove over a tab, it deosn't change focus. I tried changing the setting from 250 (default) to 200, to no avail.
Is this a known issue?
What should I try?
haroldo

Post by haroldo »

TAB X conflicts with Tab Mix hover option
CPU

Post by CPU »

you shouldnt have tabx installed since tabmix already has that integrated in it
storm119

Post by storm119 »

Any chances to see this "superb extensions" will compatible with Mozilla Suite,? :)
nirvana

Post by nirvana »

I'm not sure whether I'm the only one who experienced this, but it was the reason I quickly uninstalled Tab Mix after trying it for only 20 minutes -- single window mode didn't work at all. When I tried enabling this option, it seemed to have no effect, and when I would try closing and re-opening Firefox, I would notice that the option had simply become unchecked. Am I the only one this happened to? It was the reason I'm only using Aaron Spuler's Single Window extension now, and not Tab Mix.
Aleq

Feature wish

Post by Aleq »

First, thank you for TabMix. I switched from TBE and I was amazed by speed improvement. However, I miss one last feature, that I look forward to. It is >>disable<< bring to front firefox window when external link is opened (from another application). When I click on links in another application (trillian + RSS), firefox jumps to the background after every click.

I know, this isn't directly related to Tabs, but it would be great to have this option in TabMix. Or, does anybody knows any extension that allows settings this option and is compatible with tabmix?

thanks!
naddude

Unable to Load external Links with Tab Mix

Post by naddude »

Maybe it's just me but I installed Tab Mix (like it a lot! Thnak you!)
BUT doesn't load external links (ie : from Outlook) does nothing and then crashes Firefox 1.03. (Firefox will not reload without rebooting)
Any suggestions on configuration?? Thanks!
somercamb

TAB MIX 0.2.1 stopped duplicating

Post by somercamb »

I cannot duplicate a tab when i double click on the tab (when the feature is turned on, obviously). it only opens a new blank tab
Last edited by somercamb on May 10th, 2005, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
somercamb

Ctrl+Tab not working with TAB MIX 0.2.1

Post by somercamb »

Ctrl+Tab does not seem to be working. I have the LAST TAB 1.1 extension, but even without it, Ctrl+Tab does not work. I disabled TAB MIX and Ctrl+Tab seemed to have worked, but i cannot find out what option in TAB MIX is interfering
MorpheusUK

Re: TAB MIX 0.2.1 stopped duplicating

Post by MorpheusUK »

atebark wrote:I cannot duplicate a tab when i double click on the tab (when the feature is turned on, obviously). it only opens a new blank tab

Works for me, do you have another tab related extension installed which might conflict.