[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WildcatRay

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by WildcatRay »

In the Fx 44 Beta 1, when I tried right-clicking the EOM toolbar button to open about:addons, I got the following in Browser Console:

Code: Select all

ReferenceError: ExtensionOptionsMenu is not defined   browser.xul:1:24
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

That leads me to believe it has something to do with the let/var stupidity Mozilla pulled recently. I'll whip up a new version in a few minutes.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Try this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... rsion-2.18. It should be approved by Mozilla in the next few days.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks, Chris.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
dauge

Post by dauge »

Addon Update Checker

Are you ever going to release a final version of 2.9?

thx dave
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

It was released around a year ago. Since you were on the "beta" channel, it will never update (until a new beta comes out.) That's an addons.mozilla.org thing I can't change.
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

Chris000001 wrote:In the EOM.xpi>chrome>content>OptionsMenuOverlayFF_CTR.xul file, replace:

<vbox id="appmenuSecondaryPane">
		<hbox id="EOM_CTR" insertafter="appmenu_addons">
			<menuitem id="EOM_CTRmain" label="&addons.label;" class="menuitem-iconic" command="Tools:Addons" flex="1"/>
			<menu id="EOM_CTRarrow" label=" " class="menu-iconic">
				<menupopup id="EOM_CTRpopup" oncontextmenu="event.preventDefault()"/>
			</menu>
		</hbox>
	</vbox>
with:

<menu id="EOM_CTR" insertafter="appmenu_addons" class="menu-iconic" label="&addons.label;" style="list-style-image: url('chrome://optionsmenu/skin/icon.png'); -moz-image-region: auto; margin-top: 12px;">
		</menu>
	</vbox>
If you want the menu to say 'Extension options' instead of 'Add-ons', replace label="&addons.label;" with label="&EOM.ExtensionOptions;" in the new code.

Yeah, this is working perfectly for me and syncs it up to CTR.
Is it possible to have this be a permanent option in the add on?
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
makondo

Post by makondo »

Chris,
what's the ID for exts. w/out options? I want to style those (hover) but it seems they don't have an ID? it looks like [disabled="true"] for all of them. Could you assign something to those items (without options)? Or it's there and i'm missing something?
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

There is no ID set for anything. You could use menuitem[label="Extension Options Menu"] {your css stuff here} (or whatever the exact menu label is) to do them individually, otherwise [disabled="true"] applies only to items with no options which sounds like what you want. There is also [EOMisDisabled="true"] that applies to add-ons that are disabled so you can't open options even if they have them. Maybe you need menuitem[disabled="true"]:not([EOMisDisabled="true"]).
makondo

Post by makondo »

Yeap, that will work, thanks a lot!
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

PimpUigi wrote:
Chris000001 wrote:In the EOM.xpi>chrome>content>OptionsMenuOverlayFF_CTR.xul file, replace:

<hbox id="EOM_CTR" insertafter="appmenu_addons">
			<menuitem id="EOM_CTRmain" label="&addons.label;" class="menuitem-iconic" command="Tools:Addons" flex="1"/>
			<menu id="EOM_CTRarrow" label=" " class="menu-iconic">
			</menu>
		</hbox>
	</vbox>
with:

<menu id="EOM_CTR" insertafter="appmenu_addons" class="menu-iconic" label="&addons.label;" style="list-style-image: url('chrome://optionsmenu/skin/icon.png'); -moz-image-region: auto; margin-top: 12px;">
		</menu>
	</vbox>
If you want the menu to say 'Extension options' instead of 'Add-ons', replace label="&addons.label;" with label="&EOM.ExtensionOptions;" in the new code.

Yeah, this is working perfectly for me and syncs it up to CTR.
Is it possible to have this be a permanent option in the add on?
Actually I guess when I left click the main "Add-ons" menu entry, it isn't taking me to the Add ons page. I have to select one of the add ons out of the sub menu. Is there more code I need to add to this?

Edit: Ah! Here we go.

<menu id="EOM_CTR" insertafter="appmenu_addons" class="menu-iconic" label="&addons.label;" style="list-style-image: url('chrome://optionsmenu/skin/icon.png'); -moz-image-region: auto; margin-top: 12px;" onclick="{window.BrowserOpenAddonsMgr();document.getElementById('appmenu-popup').hidePopup();}">
      </menu>
   </vbox>
I can also modify the above code to work with CTR's "split menu" option. (( CTR Options, Firefox Button, "Clickable menu's inside menu popup" ))
However I believe this would involve adding an option to the top of the context menu, to keep it in line with the rest of the AppMenu's context menus. Like this: http://s14.postimg.org/47m4zv9rl/Addons_Mockup.png

<menu id="EOM_CTR" insertafter="appmenu_addons" class="menu-iconic" label="&addons.label;" style="list-style-image: url('chrome://optionsmenu/skin/icon.png'); -moz-image-region: auto; margin-top: 12px;" splitmenu="true" onclick="if(classicthemerestorerjs.ctr.prefs.getBoolPref('appbclmmenus') && event.button=='0' && event.originalTarget.getAttribute('splitmenu')=='true') {window.BrowserOpenAddonsMgr();document.getElementById('appmenu-popup').hidePopup();}">
      </menu>
   </vbox>
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
max2

Post by max2 »

Chris000001 just curious will your addons support e10s when they arrive in the official Firefox version ? Thanks.
max2

Post by max2 »

Anyone ?
nohamelin

Post by nohamelin »

@max2
Are you asking by an specific add-on? At least Extension Options Menu, Themes Menu and Addon Update Checker are already e10s compatible, and they are identified as such by the browser. I didn't check the rest.
max2

Post by max2 »

nohamelin wrote:@max2
Are you asking by an specific add-on? At least Extension Options Menu, Themes Menu and Addon Update Checker are already e10s compatible, and they are identified as such by the browser. I didn't check the rest.
Yes.

Sorry I meant to ask if Extension Options Menu and Addon Update Checker will get a web extension please? Thanks.