encryption algorithms

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
shifrin

encryption algorithms

Post by shifrin »

I've just moved over to Firefox with much delight, but when I tried to update my communication preferences on Amazon.co.uk using the secure connection, I received the following alert:
"Firefox and www.amazon.co.uk cannot communicate securely because they have no common encryption algorithms"
Yet when I tried the same procedure with www.Amazon.com there was no problem.
Does this mean I will need to return to Internet Explorer whenever I want to purchase something in the UK?
Is this something which will be sorted in due course?
M. R. Shifrin
Victorian Turkish Bath Website
nrthomas

Post by nrthomas »

There seems to be some interaction between Firefox and Amazon. Try searching this forum for a resolution.
Nick Thomas - Mozilla Release Engineer
Racer

Post by Racer »

Do you have everything checked under Tools->Options->Advanced->Security ?
shifrin

Post by shifrin »

CrazyFred. I did try searching before I placed the question but couldn't find anything.
Racer: Yes, all three boxes are ticked, as they were when I downloaded the program.
AlanJ

Post by AlanJ »

Happens to me as well. Sometimes firefox 1.0PR and amazon.co.uk can communicate and other times not. When it won't I either log in using the non-secure server or use the open in IE add in.

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem from any secure site, usbank.com, ebay.com...
AmboyGuy

Post by AmboyGuy »

Amazon UK has had this problem for months and keeps saying they're going to fix it, glad to see they're on top of things.

Try going to this site and double click on the lock icon in the status bar.
https://addons.update.mozilla.org

It should have 256 bit encryption

Some banks want to see IE in the User Agent String.
try User Agent Switcher 0.6.1 - The Extensions Mirror
Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1 ID:20111228084953
lalinka

Encryption

Post by lalinka »

I have similar problem when trying to do my online banking. Get an error message
"Error establishing an encrypted connection to www1.royalbank.com error code -8075"
How do I check and change the encryption?? (In IE the encryption is 128bit.)
ICQ 3-116-278
Thanks, Lalinka
SanityAssassin

Post by SanityAssassin »

yeah im getting the "Srv.main.ebayrtm.com no common encryption algorithms" message for when i try to get onto ebay..ive never had a problem with encryption algorithms ever before, its quite aggrivating actually..anyone know whats going on?
SanityAssassin

Post by SanityAssassin »

using FF 1.03 btw...and ocsp validation as well as all encryptions are on
j0hnw

Post by j0hnw »

I'm having the same problem as SanityAssassin logging into Ebay with FireFox 1.03. Have never had a problem logging into the site before tonight. I'm very unhappy right now!!

Post by Guest »

getting same thing on https://signin.ebay.com/

Post by Guest »

its increadibly aggrivating mainly due in part that the page isnt even loading correctly on IE, maybe its a wrench in the works over at ebay perhaps? on IE instead of getting the error message i get your basic "The page cannot be displayed" error. ive even tried using the user agent switcher, still no dice. anyone file a bug report with mozilla by any chance?
SteelyDon

Post by SteelyDon »

1.0.3 worked fine until tonight, then started doing as mentioned above, with ebay. Help!

Post by Guest »

my ebay is messed up too