[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2015.11.16.23

Post by joeg »

McCovican wrote:Cheers. Any ideas on what could stop it from working in the statusbar then? It's not a new extension (haven't added one in months), and the 44 update seemed the most logical answer since that's when it died. Something in the config changed during the update that could break this? Too many variables for me to work through in my head!
I've had several anomalous interface (including status bar) issues in both Beta and Nightly in the same time frame you've mentioned, but I've been able to work around / avoid them using profiles from other machines that were still working.

I've been guessing that they were related to other extensions (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2986049), but as I've said, I took an easy way out. As you mentioned, it seemed a bit to daunting to approach the solution "scientifically".
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

WFM... Go to settings > status tab > general and change the first item to location bar...restart.. May not work if you have other extensions or a theme that affects the location bar. You could disable all other extensions, make your changes then restart Firefox and test. If everything works then, you have a conflict.

Also if there is somethiimg I missed, Bluefang will likely answer.
Last edited by JayhawksRock on January 30th, 2016, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

JayhawksRock wrote:Go to settings > general and change the first item to location bar...restart.. May not work if you have other extensions or a theme that affects the location bar
Thanks, but I'm running at least four extensions that I'm sure affect it, and a couple others I suspect.

Classic Theme Restorer 1.4.7beta8
FindBar Tweak 2.1.5
FireFTP 2.0.26
Nightly Tester Tools 3.7.1-signed
Site Favicon in Urlbar 46.0.3
Theme Font & Size Changer 44.1
Throbber Restored 1.4.1-signed

I've gone through all of them (the usual suspects), but so far with no joy.

My "evade the issue" (though indeed a coward's way out) has been my best choice so far.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
McCovican

Post by McCovican »

Potential common factors: I also have Theme Font & Size Changer, CTR and Nightly Tools. Disabling them made no difference, but that doesn't exactly mean they're off the hook I guess.

Like I said though, it works for me in the location bar.

Edit: It's not doing it on my work PC which has the same extensions (and actually came from the same profile).
wharg0qq

Post by wharg0qq »

Hi all,

Long time S4E user (thanks for a nice addon!) but just changed my settings to display in the location bar both status text and links hovered, I noticed that with status text in the location bar, the domain highlighting no longer works (stay in black color font).

In one word (sorry for my bad english), if "displaying hovered links" is the only one setting, it don't break domain highlighting. If I simply add the status text, it breaks.

I have not read all of the posts and do not know if such issue was already submitted, so please excuse me if I make a duplicate.

Config : Firefox 38.6 ESR, S4E 2015.11.16.23.1 (but same with previous version), Win XP.

Thanks if this issue sounds anything to someone who follows the topic.
Last edited by wharg0qq on February 3rd, 2016, 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
wharg0qq

Post by wharg0qq »

[Deleted - duplicate post]
Last edited by wharg0qq on February 2nd, 2016, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wharg0qq

Post by wharg0qq »

[Deleted - duplicate post]
siffemoz

Post by siffemoz »

Hi, great addon :-) I'd like to back up my settings. Where are the settings stored?
DarkwolfLair

Post by DarkwolfLair »

Hi, I think I discovered a bug with latest release (and beta too) : when I open the bookmarks tab (reference to places.xul), the text for some lines and columns (for example "description") does not appear until I scroll the mouse on it (some kind of graphical glitch). If I disabled Status-4-Evar, the display is fine.
kronckew

Post by kronckew »

settings for urlbar progress bar in s4e do not seem to work, controls do not change the bar, tickbox doesn't control it either i always get the progress bar no matter what. in green no matter what color i pick. disabling s4e cures the urlbar, but then i lose the other properties. my firefox (47.0a1 nightly) is using the latest s4e which seems rather old.
CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Retired: Everyday I make a list of those things
That I am not going to do today, Then I don't do them.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

FWIW, still working for me in Nighty.... No other extensions that touch the urlbar, no 3rd party theme used and no CSS hacks affecting that area. Try disabling ALL extensions Except S4E and see what you get.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
dip0

Post by dip0 »

Sorry if its been said before, but I notice that the Status bar sometimes keeps disappearing when Firefox opens a new window and that window starts off not fullscreen.
If I maximize the window (or maximize, then reduce to previous size) the status bar reappears.

Only have Adblock as my other addon

Oh and also, on a fullscreen window that's playing say a video or displaying a very large image, the bottom bit can be cut off by the status bar (revealed by deactivating it), rather than automatically ending (cutting off/resizing) before the status bar
kronckew

Post by kronckew »

JayhawksRock wrote:FWIW, still working for me in Nighty.... No other extensions that touch the urlbar, no 3rd party theme used and no CSS hacks affecting that area. Try disabling ALL extensions Except S4E and see what you get.
tried today, 02MAR 16 nightly, all addons disabled, except s4e and it works as expected in the chromelike minimalist blandness that firefox is w/o CTR . as soon as i add classic theme restorer (now latest 1.4.9 beta 6) it breaks and i get the linear progress bar in the url box.

i need CTR more that s4e, so i have disabled it, moved my icons to the bar just below the url. i can live with that tho i'd prefer not to.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

kronckew wrote:
JayhawksRock wrote:FWIW, still working for me in Nighty.... No other extensions that touch the urlbar, no 3rd party theme used and no CSS hacks affecting that area. Try disabling ALL extensions Except S4E and see what you get.
tried today, 02MAR 16 nightly, all addons disabled, except s4e and it works as expected in the chromelike minimalist blandness that firefox is w/o CTR . as soon as i add classic theme restorer (now latest 1.4.9 beta 6) it breaks and i get the linear progress bar in the url box.

i need CTR more that s4e, so i have disabled it, moved my icons to the bar just below the url. i can live with that tho i'd prefer not to.
You could try using CTR's Add-on bar instead of S4E.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
kronckew

Post by kronckew »

WildcatRay wrote:
kronckew wrote:

You could try using CTR's Add-on bar instead of S4E.
OK, tried that, the additional bar was up at the top above the bookmarks bar, immoveable. i DID find the 'hide close button' setting, re-added the normal addon bar at the bottom & moved the icons back to it & it's working reasonably well. get a 'status' popup that is just above the addon bar at the left end, not ideal, but again, workable. will try future s4e releases.