[FX] drumsticks: OSX Release (G5 optimised) - NO MORE

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

|2uso wrote:Ok, drumsticks, you forgot that autoconf has to be v2.13 mandatory

I figured "See Comment #59 in Bugzilla" was quite sufficient... :) But I guess it doesn't hurt to make it even more explicit.
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

Finally! These builds are made on a Tiger machine with the 10.2.8 SDK and as such should run on 10.2 right up to 10.4. Further, beginning this build, I'm building with cairo enabled.

20050509 Firefox
20050509 Thunderbird
mento

Post by mento »

drumsticks wrote:Sorry for the silence, I have been busy this weekend. It was my birthday! Plus, I had two major photography projects on as well. Here's a low res sampler from one of them :) It's autumn in Australia!
Spring in New York, my birthday is this week, and I just got my camera back from repair (again). Glad to hear you're back on the path, and thanks for your part in testing the bleeding edge.

Mark
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

Happy Birthday in advance mento! You've been a big help to all of us!

20050510 Firefox
20050510 Thunderbird
neilio

Post by neilio »

How do I "apply a patch"? I basically researched (read: "fluked") my way into the original builds (with help from powerbook's mozconfig) and have never actually dealt with applying patches and such.

If I can get firefox to successfully build on my iMac, I'll start building nightlies again.
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

Just save the patch file ("right click > save file as") to your hard drive (say in your main mozilla source directory). Then cd to your mozilla source directory and run the command "patch -p1 < patchfile" where patchfile is the name of your patch file. "man patch" will give you more information on how to use patch. Note that in v11 of mento's patch, there is no need to modify the IDL.h anymore. Undo your changes if you have made them. I've updated my instructions to indicate so. You will still need to run autoconf as described though. As per |2uso's comment, you need to use autoconf 2.13 and not any other version, see Comment #19 in Bugzilla.

I should mention that you only need to do the above once. It looks like the patch may be checked in soon, so it should be automatic shortly. No need to run around loops to get it to compile.

Good luck! I guess I'll just be building Thunderbird once you're back on your feet!
neilio

Post by neilio »

Well, unfortunately I still can't seem to build without getting crashes. The good news is it isn't cc1plus.exe that's bombing any more - it looks like a compile error.

I'll make one more attempt and see if I can get this to work with a fresh pull from CVS. Just so I'm clear about applying the patch: I can skip all of the changes that pertain to Camino and ask for a file to apply against, correct?

Neil
mento

Post by mento »

theNonsuch wrote:I'll make one more attempt and see if I can get this to work with a fresh pull from CVS. Just so I'm clear about applying the patch: I can skip all of the changes that pertain to Camino and ask for a file to apply against, correct?
Yup. Pull patch v11 and don't bother with the phases, they give you the same result (for now). Apply the patch and skip the two camino files if you haven't pulled camino. Run autoconf. Be sure you're using gcc 3.3 (sudo gcc_select 3.3). From there, it should be business as usual.
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

Is it still necessary to run autoconf in the nsprpub directory? I did it anyway when I reapplied v11.

Yesterday's build was buggy, the bookmarks bar does not show up. Maybe its time for a new profile...
mento

Post by mento »

You should run autoconf in nsprpub, otherwise, nsprpub won't use the SDK you ask for. If you don't run autoconf there, you'll probably still be able to build if you target the 10.2.8 SDK, but you definitely won't be able to if you target 10.3.9.

Mark
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

OK. Thanks for confirming. I just wanted to check (about autoconfig).

Looks like my crash was related to Adblock. Can't live without it, so I will use the 20050510 version for now.
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

Note that "ac_add_options --enable-cairo" has now been changed to "ac_add_options --enable-canvas" to avoid confusion but otherwise does the same thing. Further, this build of Firefox is quite buggy. Disable Adblock if you are having troubles - see the daily build notes.

20050512 Firefox (Buggy! Disable Adblock)
20050512 Thunderbird
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

Thunderbird fail to launch in today's build, but otherwise Firefox is fine.

20050514 Firefox
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

Oops. Turns out that a new profile allowed Thunderbird to work. So here it is, with the new SpamAssassin preference option!

20050515 Thunderbird
|2uso

Post by |2uso »

Nice....

drumsticks --> the one who support G5 optimized builds up to date (with help of ancient dark magic courtesy of mento ehehehe)

Thx dudes, you are the man

For the moment I stoped FF builds and I'm give a second chance to Camino, thx you to provide us with FF (less work for me :-P and still updated ;-))
Macintosh G5/1800 uniprocessor - 1Gb RAM - 320 Gb SATA soft raid strip mode
Mac OS X 10.4.3 - XCode 2.1 - GCC 4.0
Camino G5 optimized home made