Menu Editor 1.2

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
asqueella

Menu Editor 1.2

Post by asqueella »

See the Menu Editor 1.2.1 thread.

Menu Editor 1.2
[home][forums]

Menu Editor is an extension that allows you to customize the menus in Firefox and Thunderbird.

Authors: velcrospud and me.
Works on: Firefox/Thunderbird 1.0.x and trunk builds.

If you have any issues, please post them here on in the ME forums.

Currently known extension conflicts:
- unable to reliably work with "snapback tab/window" items of SessionSaver (probably will fix after a new version of SS is released)
- Greasemonkey's menu items don't work, although installed scripts are fully functional. Greasemonkey 0.2.3 version that works with ME is available at http://mozilla.doslash.org/stuff/
Last edited by asqueella on July 16th, 2006, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Thank you, guys! - great job! Have no problems with FF and TB. Along with TabMix, this is my favorite extension. Thanks a lot.
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

Just wanted to say thx for the great extension, you guys are awesome! ;)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

awesome!

Help MozillaZine: Donate! or Buy Something!
Chris Wood

Post by Chris Wood »

What's new in 1.2?
Firefox guinea-pig
manc39

Post by manc39 »

Chris Wood wrote:What's new in 1.2?

http://mozilla.doslash.org/stuff/me-changelog.txt
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060712 BonEcho/2.0b1
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Worldseye

Post by Worldseye »

Just wanted to let you know, Add Bookmark Here 0.5.3 still shows a problem with ME, "Add Bookmark Here" menu items are duplicated and appear at the top of the tools menu, for now I've disabled ABH, tried resetting menu data, but the problem persisted.

Thanks

Dan
Dan
ul

Post by ul »

Awesome. I love this extension. Thanks Devon and Nickolay!

Can you add the ability to edit tab context menus? (So you can remove Reload Tab, Reload All Tabs, Close Other Tabs)
Worldseye

Post by Worldseye »

I second request for tab context menu editing, so I can add SnapBack Tab to it (if possible as it is dynamic)..
Dan
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

ul, Worldseye: I plan to look in implementing that in the next cycle after my exams.

Worldseye: Strange, ABH works for me. Anyways I don't plan on doing any bugfixing at the moment.
jsallo

Post by jsallo »

I like this extension... It has lots of potential!

What I'd like to see:

Make the display and editing 'tree-like' (like bookmarks).

This would allow me to open items that appear in folders and create folders to group items properly in cascading menus.

Eg.

Print Image
Print Preview
Print... Ctrl-P

Could be grouped into a folder called "Printing" with a cascade containing these 3 items
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

(see also MenuManipulator. I think it has tree-like editor)
rinscewind

Post by rinscewind »

I loved the 1.0 version of Menu Editor, as I could hide and move menu items. When I upgraded to 1.2, I found two things:

1 - I use Dict 0.6.6, as I like the extra window it opens, and other extensions use tabs. With MenuEd 1.2 the context menu entry for Dict is not visible. It is there, usable, and less than half the height of a normal context menu entry, but it is not 'shown'. There is just an extra, small space between the entry above it and the seperator below it. I have a screenshot posted on a geocities page of the small space highlit:

http://www.geocities.com/rinscewind/dict066bug.html

2 - The ability to move items is not there. I liked the ability to move a few often used items to the bottom of the context menu, and now I can't. Is this going to be put back in?
Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then go ahead -- you will be a mile away, and will also have his shoes.
ul

Post by ul »

Rinscewind, I use 1.2 and the context menu entry for Dict is visible. It's called dict-define-selection, under the Main Context Menu group in Menu Editor. You do have to scroll quite a ways down but it's there. You can also right-click a word and see "Define word".

I can also move menu items by dragging them up and down.

Perhaps you can uninstall 1.2 and reinstall it? Or try 1.2 with a fresh profile?
Last edited by ul on May 30th, 2005, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.