Contact a Board Administrator? Log-in, registration issues

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Daifne

Re: Contact a Board Administrator? Log-in, registration issu

Post by Daifne »

Activation email must have been received and the link followed for the mikeagner account for it to show in the member list as a new member as it does.

ka3jjz, how and where are you trying to log in?
xmonday

Post by xmonday »

I registered years ago but have forgotten my user name and my password. I haven't used the forum or tried to log on for years, except for tonight
User name could possibly have been mbarrett or xmonday, password could have been , but it was a long long time ago. My email address has been for at least 20 years.

Can I get access using my email address? or do I have to get a new address and start over?
I have just started using thunderbird again and have a problem with the search page user interface font being a tiny cursive fon in a low contrast color and background that I cannot read!
I found the advanced options with many many font option but cannot identify what I need

Michael Barrett
Last edited by James on April 11th, 2016, 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Email address removed and password obscured.
James

Post by James »

Your account name is mbarrett

If you have forgoton your password you can go to the Login on right sidebar and click on the I forgot my password link where you put in your mbarrett username and email.
martinr_

Post by martinr_ »

Dear moderator,

I'm a long time sporadic user and can't seem to be able to log in to the board and am weary about the migration history of my login credentials.
When I try to log in, then I get the following message: "It was not possible to convert your password when updating this bulletin board’s software. Please request a new password. If you continue to have problems please request help in the Site Discussion forum where you can post without logging in.".

It might even be so, that my old email address isn't valid any-more.

What were the previous reincarnations of this new board (Get satisfaction - Mozilla messaging, Mozilla Support, Mozilla Persona)?
I am / was registered at multiple Mozilla sites that could be the predecessor to this site.
Could you enlighten me about how to find out and get my credentials working again?

Kind regards,

martinr
James

Post by James »

The independent http://forums.mozillazine.org forums has been a phpBB forum ever since November 4th, 2002 and does not share accounts with any other sites including *.Mozilla.org run sites.

The http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/ was a forum where Thunderbird support was for a while (besides the option of getting Tb support here) until support was moved from getsatisfaction to be part of Mozilla's own forum at support.mozilla.org/questions/ back in February 2014 even though Thunderbird is no longer a Mozilla product. The support.mozilla.org/questions/ is a newer forum run by Mozilla compared to here as it started initially back in as early as 2006 maybe but did not really get going until 2007/2008 with desktop Firefox support and then later other things.

Accounts you created on other sites will not work here.

Since you did not say any usernames or email to check, I looked up martinr and there is a martinr account registered November 2002 and only has one post. It has a @recv.de email address.
martinr_

Post by martinr_ »

Dear James,

I'm a long, long time user. My email usage even predates the Thunderbird era to the Netscape mail era.

"martinr" is my user name, although I don't recognise the email address that is associated with that UID.
I was thrown off by the message: "It was not possible to convert your password when updating this bulletin board’s software."

I would like to comment on a topic on this forum, but it might just be, that I didn't register for this forum (I think I have accumulated about 7 Mozilla related registrations at this point and can hardly remember them because of my sporadic use. I can't believe that I never came across this forum).

If the UID is free, I'd be happy to take it.

You wrote something interesting: "Thunderbird is no longer a Mozilla product". This is news to me. I am aware that there was a discussion about Thunderbird wanting to be independent from the Firefox project, but wasn't aware that Thunderbird left its Mozilla home. Could you elaborate on that a little bit?

Thank you for your effort.

Kind regards,

martinr
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

martinr_ wrote:You wrote something interesting: "Thunderbird is no longer a Mozilla product". This is news to me. I am aware that there was a discussion about Thunderbird wanting to be independent from the Firefox project, but wasn't aware that Thunderbird left its Mozilla home. Could you elaborate on that a little bit?
Thunderbird used to be a "product" like before the Mozilla Suite and then Firefox. The suite has been continued as a "project" by interested users for the last 10 years or so. Some time ago, Thunderbird has been converted to a community projects as well. Meaning, Mozilla does no longer provide paid staff for either project but let's them use their infrastructure.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

martinr_ wrote:If the UID is free, I'd be happy to take it.
Since that user hasn't been active for a long time, I've renamed him to "old martinr" thus you can claim that user name as a new account (i.e., you have to register and your first post will have to be approved by a moderator). Let us know if that still doesn't work.
martinr

Post by martinr »

rsx11m wrote:
martinr_ wrote:If the UID is free, I'd be happy to take it.
Since that user hasn't been active for a long time, I've renamed him to "old martinr" thus you can claim that user name as a new account (i.e., you have to register and your first post will have to be approved by a moderator). Let us know if that still doesn't work.
That's great, thanks! It works like a charm.
Also thank you for the explanation.
Bye,
martinr
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

You are welcome.
cuury

Post by cuury »

I have the same issue my name is in use and so is my email but i cant log in and i cant re regster????
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

You'd have to state at least the user name which you trying to log into.
"cuury" doesn't return anything for me.
mjmuk99

Post by mjmuk99 »

Having the same problem!!!!

I registered in 2006 "mjmuk Posts: 1 Joined: February 16th, 2006, 6:33 am Location: Berkshire UK" and now can't get my password to reset as I am not recognised by my user name or one of three potential emails that I would have used.

I can see that I have a post still in the forum which was posted by me on Posted February 16th, 2006, 7:40 am.

Can you tell me how I can get back into the forums please.

Kind regards
Mike McNamara
mjm.uk[@]btinternet[.]com
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hello Mike,
Please try...
> mike.mcnamara[@]seniornet-uk.org
as this is the only thing I can find using your post count & date.
Everything else you posted returns zilch.
&, it appears that you've been away for quite a while. :)
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
nvnmd

Post by nvnmd »

"The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator."

No activation email came since yesterday so i cant login. mail baseattack at wp dot pl