Thunderbird release schedule disappeared

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mcloaked

Thunderbird release schedule disappeared

Post by mcloaked »

Until recently there was a release calendar showing upcoming releases for both Thunderbird and Firefox for central, aurora and beta - as well as stable channels. I have tried to find the schedule for Thunderbird today and it seems to have disappeared! Firefox release schedules seem to be all that is included in the Mozilla releases. Does anyone know what this implies for the continued development of Thunderbird? Is this an indication of the previously announced news that Mozilla is no longer going to support Thunderbird development, and if so is there any current plan to continue development independently?
Mike Cloaked
WaltS48

Re: Thunderbird release schedule disappeared

Post by WaltS48 »

This one, and also had SeaMonkey?

Releases - MozillaWiki

It was never accurate for Thunderbird and SeaMonkey, so no great loss.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

I had recently updated SeaMonkey and Thunderbird releases on that page since nobody else did it, and Firefox apparently cleared it now entirely ("This page was largely out-of-date an unmaintained with incorrect information. Dropped most of the page and left what I think is most relevant for the results of a search query for Firefox releases."). The future releases were rather unpredictable, given that neither Thunderbird nor SeaMonkey managed to keep up with the Firefox release schedule.

There is a historical snapshot of this page. For SeaMonkey, there is a separate list of releases at https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey#Status.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

I've created a new page https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Old/2015 from the snapshot to at least retain the history for the 2015 releases to the extent it was maintained. The new page obviously covers Firefox only.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

I took the liberty to add a couple of links related to TB and SM to the "Releases" page, along with a link to the 2001-2015 archives. Let's see if those are allowed to persist.
James

Post by James »

The page was wiped to the basics for Firefox by Lawrence Mandel who is Director of Releases for Mozilla. I guess he figured there was no point mentioning Thunderbird and SeaMonkey on the page at moment.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Yeah, that figures - thus far other projects were only banned from the main pages on mozilla.org, the wiki was still more comprehensive (not user-facing anyway).

The main page suffers the same issue as that Releases page, showing "45.0.0 released some date in the past" in the banners, and Projects shows up in Portuguese now which nobody seems to have noticed since December 2015 and changed it back. :-s
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Home#Releases summarize the currrent state of affairs
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

wsmwk wrote:https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Home#Releases summarize the currrent state of affairs
i'll Add that link to my Thread so people can see it there also
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox