Allocation of 'real estate' to expand sub folders.

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
Lingus

Allocation of 'real estate' to expand sub folders.

Post by Lingus »

I have a suggestion for the Mozilla / Thunderbird crew:

Subject: The little arrow to the left of a folder, that if clicked, opens the subfolders.

Suggestion: That the page 'real estate' be made to cover the same area as the little folder icon to the right. That arrow could appear to be the same, but the area underneath made larger.

Why? Because putting the tip of the pointer EXACTLY in that triangular 'real estate' that's been allocated is a real PAIN.

Why? Because when wanting to merely open the subfolders to expose the sub folders and move an email from one place to another - eg "Inbox" to say "Personal", it takes only a thou of an inch and the whole focus goes from "inbox" to opening the folders. The result is that if sorting many emails, one must then return to "inbox" and start it all again - then drag the chosen email(s) to that expanded sub folder list and to the desired sub folder.

The design of many mice when clicked actually moves the mouse and therefore the cursor ever so slightly and that's enough to make one's day frustrating.

It should be a cinch to make that change and would avoid a lot of hassles.
DanRaisch

Re: Allocation of 'real estate' to expand sub folders.

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Features.

Please note that we're not the Mozilla or the Thunderbird Crew. This forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.
Lingus

Post by Lingus »

Sorry - I wasn't aware.
As you haven't provided any leads, then either I'll forget it all and stop trying to be helpful, or dig up the ACTUAL Mozilla mob.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You can post your concern on Bugzilla but be aware that it is not a regular support forum. Despite the name, it's also the place to post suggestions for changes/improvements.
Lingus

Post by Lingus »

DAN: Thanks for that info. I will do as you suggest.