Explanation of files in recent profile

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Anonymosity

Explanation of files in recent profile

Post by Anonymosity »

I have been searching, but cannot find any explanation of the files in recent SeaMonkey profiles. The sites that I could find were all out of date, and did not have a complete list of files in the profile anyway. I would like to find descriptions of what all the files in my current profile do. Where can I find such a reference?
amrad

Re: Explanation of files in recent profile

Post by amrad »

Try here:

Profile folder - SeaMonkey

Regards,

Dave.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

That is out of date and does not list all the files in a recent profile. For instance, what are the functions of "global-messages-db.sqlite", "revocations.txt", "Telemetry.ShutdownTime.txt", "times.json", and "traits.dat"?
therube

Post by therube »

Shutdown is how long it took to actually shut down.
Times, don't know?
Traits is a tracker, what you ate for breakfast, how many times you go to the bathroom, how often you shave ... ;-). (I don't have that file. Maybe it belongs to an extension?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Traits.dat just has a few hexadecimal numbers in it. The only way I could tell what is in it was to use a hex dump. I am not allowing telemetry, so why does that file have anything in it? Revocations has what looks like a lot of random characters in it. The times.json file has '{"created":1376855235000}', which I suppose is a time code for how long ago something was created, but what?
What about the other files?
therube

Post by therube »

times.json: Bug 808263 - Write profile creation time to the profile on creation

Convert epoch timestamp to date

The majority of my profiles do not have times.json.
One that does, shows, "1460565589577", which when converted, coincides with the date/time of the times.json file itself (as would be expected).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Interesting. Why the health report (for Firefox) needs to know when the profile was created is beyond me. Thanks for the timestamp link. It looks handy.