Bookmark drop down list folders missing

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
mpetva

Bookmark drop down list folders missing

Post by mpetva »

Desperate here-file bookmark drop down list folders missing!

Ever since I updated Seamonkey earlier today to the 2.40 version, I have a problem with most, not all, of my folders missing from the drop down menu that appear when clicking on file bookmark!

All folders are there when I look in Manage Bookmarks. But it only shows a few folders out of many I have when filing a new bookmark!

PLEASE HELP ASAP :-) :-(
rsx11m

Re: Bookmark drop down list folders missing

Post by rsx11m »

Split off the general announcement thread where it would get lost to SeaMonkey Support.
mpetva

Post by mpetva »

thank you :-) but I am not sure what you mean ?
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Just a hint that your post was moved from where you originally posted it.
Let's see if someone has some suggestions about your problem here.
therube

Post by therube »

Ever since I updated Seamonkey earlier today
What did you update from?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mpetva

Post by mpetva »

Thank you for replying.
I am not sure. I did not pay attention, sorry. I only know that I usually update whenever I get notified that there is an update available.
Eakamai

Post by Eakamai »

From one of the Fantastic people here on this forum, I was able to fix this by renaming 'places.sqlite' file and rebuild the bookmarks by importing.
However, the only way I was able to get this to work was to import a [previously exported] html file.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Since I image [drive] partitions I was able to export to html afterwards. YMMV.
Good luck!
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The problem with File Bookmark is that the folder list that you pull down with the outer button will not show because there is no room for it. The dialog should resize to show that folder list, but it does not. I solved the problem by making that dialog box longer with code added to my userChrome.css file in the chrome directory in the profile (create it if you do not have it). First, if it is a new file, you need a namespace line at the top, then the additional code.

Code: Select all

/* Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct functioning */
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#bookmarkproperties {
min-height:830px !important;}
mpetva

Post by mpetva »

Anonymosity wrote:The problem with File Bookmark is that the folder list that you pull down with the outer button will not show because there is no room for it. The dialog should resize to show that folder list, but it does not. I solved the problem by making that dialog box longer with code added to my userChrome.css file in the chrome directory in the profile (create it if you do not have it). First, if it is a new file, you need a namespace line at the top, then the additional code.

Code: Select all

/* Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct functioning */
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#bookmarkproperties {
min-height:830px !important;}

Thank you.
But, being a total novice (totally lost on what & how to do the above) ref this problem, would you mind posting specific instructions on how and where to do this.
Thank you so very much.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

See this page - it tells how to make and manage a userChrome.css file:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css
mpetva

Post by mpetva »

Anonymosity wrote:See this page - it tells how to make and manage a userChrome.css file:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css
Thank you :-)