Invite attendees does not work in Lightning

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
boutells

Invite attendees does not work in Lightning

Post by boutells »

The lates update of Thunderbird (13.0.1) seems to have a bug in it. When you enter attendees to invite and click to save, the process just locks u. The only thing you can do to invite attendees is to do it manually by email.
ssitter

Re: Invite attendees does not work in Lightning

Post by ssitter »

Yes, this is (now) a known issue. A fix is in work. Temporary workaround might be to switch from Lightning 1.5.1 back to Lightning 1.5.
pfrenn

Post by pfrenn »

It is the same for the new Lightning 4.7.
I invite people in the calendar invite, but it does not send it out.
If I add it in Google then it is visible in Lightning, but if I then change it in Lightning all invitees are removed.
boutells

Post by boutells »

This was an old issue which eventually was addressed. I haven't had a problem for some time.

I would say that in my case, the invites get sent but there is no confirmation that they have been sent.

I am using 4.0.7
SPL

Post by SPL »

@pfrenn I'm seeing the same issue as you. Email invitations are no longer being sent to invitees when creating events in Lightning. I'm using Thunderbird 45.1.0 and Lightning 4.7.1 on Windows 7.

Update: I thought I was experiencing the same issue but after further testing it appears that invites are being sent but are delayed which may not be due to an issue in Thunderbird/Lightning.
gregor423

Post by gregor423 »

@SPL: Do you have a local calender or any server (caldav, ...)? I was facing another issue where the server handles the mail delivery automatically besides Thunderbird, which sends a lot of mails but with a short delay. Appointment deletion took many seconds until Thunderbird gets the deletion response.
pfrenn

Post by pfrenn »

I am still experiencing the same issue with Lightning.

Since we are using it in the company also we are now considering changing to Outlook instead. That calendar invite has worked for years in Outlook and it does for sure not disappear when I save it from the calendar as it does in Lightning.