How to import IE bookmarks?

Closed Forum
The Count

How to import IE bookmarks?

Post by The Count »

Hi, I would like to know the following:
1)How do I import bookmarks from IE?
2)The imported IE bookmarks under Firebird is not the complete bookmarks I store in IE, how can I fix it?
3)Is there a way for me to arrange the bookmarks in alphabetic orders?
4)When I tried to add a seperator between 2 bookmarks, it alwalys ends up at the wrong place and the thing is I cannot move the seperator to any location as I wish.

Could someone please offer any assistance?
Thx.
Jack

Post by Jack »

If the automatic import isn't to your liking, here's how to import bookmarks from IE.

Open up IE. Go to File, Import and Export. Hit Next, and then choose Export Favorites. It'll ask you for a directory to save the exported favorites file. Pick one. When done, open up Firebird. Go to Bookmarks, Manage Bookmarks. Go to File, Import. Select the file you saved earlier. That's it.

Hope that helps.

Jack
mm3guy

Post by mm3guy »

HeHe :lol: I was going to say that :mrgreen:
Hi :mrgreen:
flii

Post by flii »

to get your favorites in alphabetical order, go to Bookmarks -> Bookmark Manager. under the View menu item, choose Sort By Name.

be warned, however, that you can't move bookmarks out of this order as long as you have them sorted. for example, you can't have a favorite bookmark you want at the top, but all the rest sorted.
Count

Post by Count »

Thanks for the suggesetion but the sorting does not seem to work.
The sorting works well in the bookmark manager but it does not appear the way it is when I try to use the bookmarks

Another issue I wish to bring up is that sometimes the bookmark is empty when I move my mouse over it!! I have to restart the browser. Any suggestion?
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Count wrote:Thanks for the suggesetion but the sorting does not seem to work.
The sorting works well in the bookmark manager but it does not appear the way it is when I try to use the bookmarks

Known bug in Firebird.
SushiFugu

Post by SushiFugu »

Neil Parks wrote:
Count wrote:Thanks for the suggesetion but the sorting does not seem to work.

Known bug in Firebird.

Which is Bug 211023.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030728 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1

Post by Guest »

so i cant put a lot of internetlinks that exist as solo files into mozilla without using internetexpl.?
sic

import bookmarks doesn't work

Post by sic »

Firebird version 0.61.

When I try to import bookmarks nothing happens. No dialog to select the file, nothing. Dammit, it's broke! Anybody else having this problem?
corey

MBS

Post by corey »

check out http://mbs.mozdev.org for a program which can sort Mozilla/Firebird/Netscape formatted bookmark.html files... i'm coming out with a GUI for it pretty soon too!

Corey