Support please read: TB 45 two new problems

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rindsight

Support please read: TB 45 two new problems

Post by rindsight »

When I click on a new email it opens up in a new window even though this is not selected in Options.

Also after I place a link in a message I'm composing I can't add another. The first link appears in the pop-up box and even after I paste in the second link and click OK nothing happens.

Hope the support team picks up on these. Thank you!
DanRaisch

Re: Support please read: TB 45 two new problems

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.

1. Just so you're clear about things, this forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.

2. Have you tried toggling that option? That is, have you tried selecting Tools->Options->Display->Advanced tab->"Open new messages in:"->"A new message window" and then closing and restarting Thunderbird, followed by that same menu path and then selecting the option of your choice, followed by closing and restarting the program?

3. Are you trying to place two links at one time using menu path Insert->Link in the composition window?
rindsight

Post by rindsight »

3. Are you trying to place two links at one time using menu path Insert->Link in the composition window?

No. I used to be able to put as many links into an email body as I wanted to. Now I can't insert more than one. When I try, the first link is already in the link properties popup box, and when I delete that link, insert the new one and click OK, the box disappears and nothing is added to the email body. I'm skipping a couple of lines after inserting a link as always.

BTW this is Windows 8.1. Thanks for your help!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Not seeing that problem here. I can enter multiple links by using the Ctrl+L or menu path Insert->Link and each time I repeat that the dialogue box comes up empty and ready to accept new input.

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
rindsight

Post by rindsight »

Link function is working fine now Dan. New day, fresh boot must have cleared out the dust bunnies, or else a Windows update fixed it. Appreciate the time you spent on this. Thanks again...
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. Glad to hear things are running well for you now.