SeaMonkey nightly builds come now with Lightning!

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
frg

Re: SeaMonkey nightly builds come now with Lightning!

Post by frg »

>> How about (default) User Agent. Will it inform now about "integrated" Calendar/Lightning? I hope it will not..

If you disable lightning in your profile it will not. Otherwise yes.

FRG
frg

Post by frg »

And can be suppressed with just blanking calendar.useragent.extra in about:config
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:And can be suppressed with just blanking calendar.useragent.extra in about:config
I'd like to use Calendar but I don't see any reasonable reason to make UA depends on such thing. Why change UA when using Calendar? It is good to have an option to disable such useless thing.

I was not using Lightning extension because of lack of compatibility while updating SM... and lack of Modern theme. I hope it will work far more better now.
--
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

TPR75 wrote:I'd like to use Calendar but I don't see any reasonable reason to make UA depends on such thing. Why change UA when using Calendar?
I think the official justification for adding it to the HTTP string (but not the one used for mail) is that some calendar provider are expecting it to enable certain features.

I'll work out a patch to expose this in the HTTP Networking preferences, similar to the Firefox compatibility token, thus users can switch it on and off easier.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

The patch for a new checkbox works and is posted in bug 1275679, but given that IanN seems to be busy and the merges are happening in 10 days, I don't think this will get reviewed in time for SeaMonkey 2.46 (thus keeping fingers crossed for 2.47).

I've also got some feedback from the Calendar team on the function of that UA addition:
Fallen wrote:The whole reason this was added is to let caldav server vendors know which Lightning version is being used, so that they can block specific versions causing problems (we've had an endless request loop in one version), or to deploy workarounds for client behavior. If you disable this by default, then server vendors can do nothing other than block a whole Seamonkey version.
He therefore advises against being able to disable this via the UI, but I think we should have it there for the same reason that we are exposing the Firefox pref as a checkbox. I have added though a warning underneath that group to add a "don't touch this if you don't know what you are doing" context to this.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

As an update, the patch for the UA-addition opt-out checkbox landed on Friday (for 2.47 as expected, no chance to get this earlier due to string changes) and should be visible on current trunk builds (where official nightlies are built for Linux right now only, there are ongoing issues with the Windows loaner).
frg

Post by frg »

Trunk is busted because of bug 1282286 so a build won't show up right now : https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1282286

But a local Windows build with a few private fixes works fine with the option. Seems I can't attach a picture here to show it.

FRG
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

frg wrote:Trunk is busted because of bug 1282286 so a build won't show up right now
The 25-Jun-2016 nightly was still built before that bustage and already contains the prefpane addition. Note that Lightning is disabled by default on trunk, thus you won't see the new checkbox before Lightning is enabled in the Add-ons Manager.
Bug 1282286 - Port changes from Bug 1278368 to Seamonkey.
Error Console has been replaced by Browser Console.
Bummer! :-(
therube

Post by therube »

Seems I can't attach a picture
Posting a screenshot on the forum
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
frg

Post by frg »

>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum

Thought so but not the same as just adding a picture as an attachment. Looks like this is disabled here.

FRG
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Yeah, that's on purpose, not to overburden the server.
ajaydata

Post by ajaydata »

If there someone who can give us the complete step by step guide to create a setup after doing some customisation. If there is step by step guide even for customiation, that will be great.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

What do you mean with "customization" given the many levels of use?
Remote calendars, event defaults, changes in the Lightning user interface, etc.?

Edit > Preferences > Calendar has the basic settings needed.
As a minimum, make sure that the time zone is correct.

For Lightning-specific questions, you can also use the Calendar forum.