What Will Happen to Folders I Changed From Correspondents?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
PeteJC

What Will Happen to Folders I Changed From Correspondents?

Post by PeteJC »

When I "upgraded" to 45.0 I hated the Correspondents column. So I started to change the columns back. Then I discovered how many I had to do and quit changing anymore. Now 45.1 says the automatic change to Correspondents is disabled (or what ever term they used). So what will happen to the folders that still have Correspondents columns? What will happen to those folders that I changed back?
Thanks
Pete
DanRaisch

Re: What Will Happen to Folders I Changed From Correspondent

Post by DanRaisch »

Nothing. Any folders you've changed will remain changed. Any folders you have not changed should continue to show "Correspondents".

Moving to Thunderbird Support.
PeteJC

Post by PeteJC »

Oh no, say it ain't so!!!
When I installed 45.0 it changed all my folders to "Correspondents" all by itself without asking if I wanted to do it. I have, I bet, over 100 folders. I started to change them back to the way they were but gave up when I saw how monumental the task was.
The information that comes 45.1 says something about the "Correspondents" but from what you imply, it just won't force Correspondents, but it won't correct what was forced by 45.0.

If I had paid for Thunderbird I would demand my money back.

Could somebody please create an add-on that will allow quick changing of columns in folders? I'll pay $10.00 if it works. And I bet a lot of others will also.
Something like a spreadsheet with the left column listing all the folders I have. Then each column of the spreadsheet should list potential Thunderbird columns going across. Then I put a "x" in any column I want to appear in the folder on that row. Even better, instead of an "x", a number indicating where the column is located, left to right, in the Thunderbird folder.
$10.00 from me to the person that creates this add-on.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Don't know how you have those folders organized but to the extent that any are children of another, higher level folder you can reset column display for the parent and have that sequence propagate to all of the children of that upper level folder. Just look at the bottom of the column selector and choose "Apply to folder and its children".
PeteJC

Post by PeteJC »

When I tried that to get rid of Correspondents after the 45.0 "upgrade" it didn't seem to work.

I have something like 30 accounts. Each has the typical Inbox, Sent...... Many have additional sub-folders.

I also have 3GB of messages imported from Outlook Express. There I have sub-folders going back to year 2000.

I also prefer to have TB open in "Unified" folders just to keep an eye on things and to act as a reminder of what I still need to take care of. In all the Unified sub-folders I want to have the Account column so I know which account it came from. But when not "Unified" I don't need the Account column because I know which account I am dealing with.

Still $10.00 to the add-on creator.