[Ext] Speed Start - visual bookmarks in new tab

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
adept

Re: [Ext] Speed Start - visual bookmarks in new tab

Post by adept »

Linux, PaleMoon 26.1.1, Speed Start 2.0.6 - the same problem (a bit annoying) with focus. Thanks for great addon anyway!
TheCoalCracker

Post by TheCoalCracker »

Hello Justoff,
Having a great time with SpeedStart. Super job.
Suggestion: The ability to include an option in the right-click menu to move a widget to another folder.
Similar to "Add page to...." might be "Move widget to Speed Start >"
JustOff

Post by JustOff »

m6aWVkzz7vwEfH, adept:
Sorry, I've accidentally lost subscription to this topic. I'll try to reproduce your environment to catch the focus problem.
JustOff

Post by JustOff »

m6aWVkzz7vwEfH:
I found that in your case the ViewMarks is one who steals the focus! As for quick fix the Auto focus URL bar works well for me: as soon as I start typing something it return focus back to urlbar automatically. Try SStart 2.0.7b2

adept:
Perhaps you too have a conflict with some extension. Try solution I proposed above. Try SStart 2.0.7b2
m6aWVkzz7vwEfH

Post by m6aWVkzz7vwEfH »

Hi JustOff,

2.0.7b2 works like charme! Thanks for your great support!

Maybe you'll have once a minute to think about the other points in my rating:

2. Dynamically resize the items when the window is resized
3. Modernize the GUI. But hey, I know: Tastes are different :-)

Thank you!
JustOff

Post by JustOff »

That's good, I'll add this behaviour to the next release.

In regard to dynamically resize, it's very unlikely, as this was intended to be static, by design. The same is for GUI, 'cause you are truly right about the tastes)
DivaLisa

Post by DivaLisa »

Great software! I am migrating from FastDial to this software. I'd like to transfer all of my FastDial links to Speed Start so I can organize them. Is there a way to import links? I can't seem to find one, nor can I find any documentation. Thanks.
JustOff

Post by JustOff »

DivaLisa
In case that you mean this addon, try the following trick. Open bookmarks (Ctrl+Shift+B), go to "Bookmarks menu", then copy "Fast Dial" folder (or items from it) to folder "SStart". This way all links will be imported, but stay in pile one over another in left upper corner of Speed Start. You will have to switch to edit mode (double click on empty space), and drag and resize all of them manually.
DivaLisa

Post by DivaLisa »

Thanks! And yes, I was referencing the addon you linked. I like that I can group and categorize in Speed Start. Now to figure out how to keep the folders from showing the base picture.
JustOff wrote:DivaLisa
In case that you mean this addon, try the following trick. Open bookmarks (Ctrl+Shift+B), go to "Bookmarks menu", then copy "Fast Dial" folder (or items from it) to folder "SStart". This way all links will be imported, but stay in pile one over another in left upper corner of Speed Start. You will have to switch to edit mode (double click on empty space), and drag and resize all of them manually.
DivaLisa

Post by DivaLisa »

Good Morning. Is this available for Chrome?
JustOff

Post by JustOff »

DivaLisa wrote:Good Morning. Is this available for Chrome?
No, Firefox only, sorry.
JustOff

Post by JustOff »

Speed Start 2.0.7

[+] Force focus to address bar
[±] Allowed to open folders in private tabs
[±] SStart folder hidden from bookmarks menu
WQing

Post by WQing »

Problem: Can't right lick on empty new tab + no option in context menu

My add-ons:
Add to Search Bar (2.9)
AutoCopy 2 (1.2.91)
Context Search (0.6.4)
FireGestures (1.10.9)
Fontface Ninja (2.0.3)
FoxyProxy Standard (4.5.6)
Google Translate in Menu (Right Click) (1.0.1)
OneTab (1.9.1-signed.1-signed)
Pushbullet (316)
Tab Focus (2.0.2)
Tab Groups (2.0.1)
uBlock Origin (1.7.0)
Ubuntu Modifications (3.2)
JustOff

Post by JustOff »

WQing wrote:Problem: Can't right lick on empty new tab + no option in context menu
I've installed all this addons in a clean FF 46.0.1 and don't see any problems. Here is the screenshots: 1, 2, 3. Could you please try Speed Start on separate clean profile?
WQing

Post by WQing »

JustOff wrote:
WQing wrote:Problem: Can't right lick on empty new tab + no option in context menu
I've installed all this addons in a clean FF 46.0.1 and don't see any problems. Here is the screenshots: 1, 2, 3. Could you please try Speed Start on separate clean profile?
Hi, I tried enabling add-ons one by one and confirmed the conflicting add-on to be FireGestures. My settings are as follows: http://imgur.com/a/7AleZ Swipe gestures are disabled. Enabling "Do not start a gesture when holding the Alt key" does not seem to help. And if it matters, I'm on linux (Elementary OS).
And for some unknown reason, the "Add to Speed Start" option in context menu shows up now :)

I found Desktop (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/desktop/) to be very similar so I tried that too. Desktop throws the same error (can't right click) though I can "double-right-click" to call out the context menu on New Tab, while in Speed Start, "double-right-click" just shows grid lines.

Is there any difference between Speed Start and Desktop other than they're maintained by different people? Anyway, thanks for quick reply and maintaining this add-on! :)