Post extensions that work with Deer Park/Firefox 1.5 HERE

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

Pike wrote:Could people please notify the original extension author about any problems before (or even after if you like) asking other people to fix them?

Certainly, but I wasn't planning on bothering the extension authors until we reach the Deer Park release of Firefox, just in case there are any more patches that either fix current problems or add new ones. No use trying to hit a moving target.
Destian

Titlebar Tweaks is not Working.

Post by Destian »

I'm using the latest trunk and Titlebar Tweaks messes a bunch of things up. I've tried it with a new profile and no other extensions installed. Is anyone else having problems? Is there a way to remove "- Mozilla Firefox" from the title bar by simply editing one of the user files?
ShareBird

Re: Titlebar Tweaks is not Working.

Post by ShareBird »

Destian wrote:I'm using the latest trunk and Titlebar Tweaks messes a bunch of things up. I've tried it with a new profile and no other extensions installed. Is anyone else having problems? Is there a way to remove "- Mozilla Firefox" from the title bar by simply editing one of the user files?

It works for me.

Cosmoxl

Post by Cosmoxl »

I'm wanting "reload every", greasemonkey, and platypus. Well, Platypus seems to work, but reload every and greasemonkey do not. GM said it was installed, but when I'd go into the options it was all greyed out. I tried installing a script, and got some kind of error.
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=262214

The second message has a link to an updated Infolister which works on the trunks.

Greets
~Ieremiou~
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
Ria

Post by Ria »

Cosmoxl wrote:I'm wanting "reload every"

WFM. Continuous Reload Bookmarklet
Last edited by Ria on May 14th, 2005, 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
pljones

Post by pljones »

Reload every WFM, too. http://reloadevery.mozdev.org/ v0.6

Oh, and that javascript could do with some spaces to let it wrap nicely :D.
Cosmoxl

Post by Cosmoxl »

weird, reloadevery 0.6 would not work in the beast build I was using. was from this afternoon. in fact at one point the text in the EM for reloadevery became red, saying that it would install the next time ff started up. I figured the red meant something.
Ria

Re: Titlebar Tweaks is not Working.

Post by Ria »

Destian wrote:Is there a way to remove "- Mozilla Firefox" from the title bar by simply editing one of the user files?

Very simple. Install 7-zip and open en-US.jar: (path: firefox\chrome\en-US.jar\locale\browser\browser.dtd)

In browser.dtd find:

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY mainWindow.title "&brandFullName;">

and change it to:

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY mainWindow.title "">
Ria

Post by Ria »

pljones wrote:Oh, and that javascript could do with some spaces to let it wrap nicely :D.

It does. :)
The bookmarklet is not the cause of the wide page.
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

Ria wrote:
pljones wrote:Oh, and that javascript could do with some spaces to let it wrap nicely :D.

What causes this. I posted in support about it Click For Link
but I guess it's a mystery to everyone. All official releases do this on my pc but the nightlies will not do it unless it is needed. It's not too bad on other forums, but this one is infected with it for me. I'm saddened by it too because I've used a nighltly for some time now and decided to give 1.0.4 a try and I really like it but I can't take that every third tab opening up too wide and having to scroll it horizontally. If I refresh the page, most of the time it will load in there correctly but I really don't want to do that or use a js bookmark to do it for me either.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

GREAT TIP!

Post by joeg »

Ria wrote:
dirtyepic wrote:
Ria wrote:Zoomy is an easy one.
[snip]

nice. that worked.

to get the ID.. did you just generate a random UUID or is there a specific ID that corresponds to "Zoomy" that you knew to use?

No, I just borrowed a GUID from another extension and changed some digits, but you could also use a GUID generator. When you change digits, only use these ones: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, a, b, c, d, e, f.

Probably all these extensions have the same problem and can use the same hack:

Almost Full Screen, Blockfall, ...

NB: don't change the GUID under <targetApplication>
I've now "hacked" both "x" and "tab x", which are working fine. Thanks very much.

I didn't see the point, though, about "getting" or "generating" an id. I just used the id from the "target application" line in the install.rdf file, and it worked like a champ.

Also, for people who have "WinZip", you can just change the ".xpi" to ".zip" and open it that way. (Don't forget to change it back, though.)
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Ria

Re: GREAT TIP!

Post by Ria »

JoeG wrote:
Ria wrote:
dirtyepic wrote:
Ria wrote:Zoomy is an easy one.
[snip]

nice. that worked.

to get the ID.. did you just generate a random UUID or is there a specific ID that corresponds to "Zoomy" that you knew to use?

No, I just borrowed a GUID from another extension and changed some digits, but you could also use a GUID generator. When you change digits, only use these ones: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, a, b, c, d, e, f.

Probably all these extensions have the same problem and can use the same hack:

Almost Full Screen, Blockfall, ...

NB: don't change the GUID under <targetApplication>
I've now "hacked" both "x" and "tab x", which are working fine. Thanks very much.

I didn't see the point, though, about "getting" or "generating" an id. I just used the id from the "target application" line in the install.rdf file, and it worked like a champ.

Also, for people who have "WinZip", you can just change the ".xpi" to ".zip" and open it that way. (Don't forget to change it back, though.)

You can use the targetApplication GUID only once (unchanged).
Ria

Post by Ria »

Greg S wrote:
Ria wrote:

What causes this. I posted in support about it Click For Link
but I guess it's a mystery to everyone. All official releases do this on my pc but the nightlies will not do it unless it is needed. It's not too bad on other forums, but this one is infected with it for me. I'm saddened by it too because I've used a nighltly for some time now and decided to give 1.0.4 a try and I really like it but I can't take that every third tab opening up too wide and having to scroll it horizontally. If I refresh the page, most of the time it will load in there correctly but I really don't want to do that or use a js bookmark to do it for me either.

IE can render this page without a horizontal scrolbar so it is possible.
I thought the page was already wide (at least here) before posting the code.
Have you tried the wrap-long-lines bookmarklet?
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

Ria wrote:
Greg S wrote:
Ria wrote:

If I refresh the page, most of the time it will load in there correctly but I really don't want to do that or use a js bookmark to do it for me either.

IE can render this page without a horizontal scrolbar so it is possible.
I thought the page was already wide (at least here) before posting the code.
Have you tried the wrap-long-lines bookmarklet?

Yes, as stated in my reply,lol. I really don't want to do that and as you say and I have said, I know it's possible because it does not do that with a nightly version. Someone has to know the mystery behind this.