template sent using filter loose html

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
passegua

template sent using filter loose html

Post by passegua »

I can send a template using a filter rule. However if the template has html format then it will be sent without it.

Why the filter rule send plain text only? Is it a bug or what?

Thanks.
DanRaisch

Re: template sent using filter loose html

Post by DanRaisch »

What settings do you have selected for composition in Thunderbird? Check menu path Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing. Is "Compose messages in HTML format" selected?

Under Tools->Options->Composition->General tab->Send Options button->Text Format->is "Send messages as plain text if possible selected? Is the drop down selector set to "Send the message in both plain text and HTML" selected?
passegua

Post by passegua »

Answering your questions:
Check menu path Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing. Is "Compose messages in HTML format" selected?

Yes, it is.

Under Tools->Options->Composition->General tab->Send Options button->Text Format->is "Send messages as plain text if possible selected?

Yes, it is.

Is the drop down selector set to "Send the message in both plain text and HTML" selected?

Yes, it is.

btw if I add a HTML formatted signature it will show and sent properly.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try unchecking "Send message in plain text if possible." Even though you have elected to compose in HTML, if you have no HTML elements in the outgoing message, Thunderbird will send it as plain text.
passegua

Post by passegua »

No way, the html template has been sent as:
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------A1953853E1A78B73D65774BB Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

and plain text.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

The reason your HTML message is sent as a multi-part message (one message body in HTML, another in plain text, both in the same message) is probably due to your selecting "Send the message in both plain text and HTML". I suspect that overrides the normal logic that would automatically convert a HTML message with no HTML tags into a plain text message.
passegua

Post by passegua »

Thanks for the diagnosis, now which prognosis do you suggest?
The weird is that any other message is sent and received properly. Only those sent as template by the filter rule have this issue.
passegua

Post by passegua »

tanstaafl wrote:The reason your HTML message is sent as a multi-part message (one message body in HTML, another in plain text, both in the same message) is probably due to your selecting "Send the message in both plain text and HTML". I suspect that overrides the normal logic that would automatically convert a HTML message with no HTML tags into a plain text message.
I find this: "Send the message in both plain text and HTML"

But my setting is: "Send HTML anyway."

Thanks.
passegua

Post by passegua »

btw, has anyone tried to replicate my problem?
Has anybody been able to send HTML formatted message using the filter rule and a template?