Have to click scroll bar a second time to move it

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Galvin

Have to click scroll bar a second time to move it

Post by Galvin »

I can reproduce this my self. First time I click the scroller it won't move as a hold the mouse button down and move the mouse.
Second time I click it again and I can drag the scroller up and down.

Then I flip thru a few other tabs. And go back, same problem again.

Using firefox 47
DanRaisch

Re: Have to click scroll bar a second time to move it

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Galvin

Post by Galvin »

Weird thought I respondid to this post. Anyway the problem goes away in safe mode.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Usually means that an extension or 3rd party Theme is causing the bad behavior. One way to diagnose is to disable ALL of your extensions and theme, restart Firefox and see if the problem is there. Then re-enable them one at a time, restart and when the problem comes back the last extension enabled should be the problem.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Last edited by JayhawksRock on June 22nd, 2016, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Galvin wrote:Weird thought I respondid to this post. Anyway the problem goes away in safe mode.
Then if its OK in safe-mode, then its one of your extensions, or maybe a theme if you using one.
Galvin

Post by Galvin »

Its no script but that's an addon I cant go without.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Um, check that again. NoScript has no such impact here running version 47.0 of Firefox under Win Vista, nor on my laptop running version 47 under Win 10.

Try creating a new profile and adding only one extension to it, NoScript. See if you have the same problem in that new profile.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
Galvin

Post by Galvin »

Tried a fresh profile. And it worked fine. Looks like it may be a profile corruption. I'll reset later without losing data. Just don't want to get into it right now.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Galvin

Post by Galvin »

Well didn't work. I backed up my profile. But didn't backup the misc files. Guess its noscript then. Other than that, everything seems to be working fine after the backup and restore.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

NoScript does not affect scrolling.
type "about:debugging:" in the nav text entry and see what comes up.
Also, for Firefox, look at /Tools/Options/Advanced/General - the settings for auto scrolling, smooth scrolling, hardware acceleration.

As to continuing thinking it's NoScript, open the options and revues all the settings and tabs.
Make sure you set the bar so you can see the warning when they happen and slightly lengthen the time it takes to revue what is being warned on.
Additionally this may be a Windows system problem - look at your control center and see if their are any driver, irq conflicts or hardware issues. Also look at your mouse settings for speed of the various actions. If you changed your mouse lately make sure it's not the mouse, try another.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Galvin

Post by Galvin »

Well I haven't been able to reproduce the issue when I disable noscript. But I'll look into those things.

In no script I have the warning pop up for 3secs. Then it hides. Not sure what to set here. A lot of these settings I don't touch since I don't understand what they mean.

Not sure what you mean by control center. I looked at the device manager. Didn't see any conflicts listed.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
If, as you say, it's definitely No Script that's causing the error,
why not ask Giorgio? He loves feedback.
Link to his fora...
> https://forums.informaction.com/viewfor ... 7c948c6365

Include any/all info you can, what you've tried etc., including a link to this thread.

Hope you find a solution.

Stay safe..
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Galvin wrote:Well I haven't been able to reproduce the issue when I disable noscript. But I'll look into those things.
When you disable NoScript, what other extensions are still installed or functional and or is it in Safe Mode when things won't show up?
Galvin wrote:In no script I have the warning pop up for 3secs. Then it hides. Not sure what to set here. A lot of these settings I don't touch since I don't understand what they mean.
Explanations for some can be found with a search on the NoScript web site or Google.
Try setting the warning for 7 seconds, it's on the Notifications tab. Setting it to longer allows you to react to various warnings for scripts which you can choose to allow or not or set to be blocked in the future. There's also a warning sound which can be set.
Galvin wrote:Not sure what you mean by control center. I looked at the device manager. Didn't see any conflicts listed.
Windows used to have a control center which allowed looking at the hardware connections, IRQ interrupts, drivers, etc.

Did you look at the mouse settings? In some systems, Maybe Windows, there was a way to set opening and closing of files with a single or double click. You may have a program which is triggered by the scroll bar. Do you have any extensions which augment the mouse or scrollbar?
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Galvin

Post by Galvin »

Is there an easy way to link my browser info, like I can with system info?

This problem happens by switching tabs. When everything is already loaded. Click on a few other tabs, then go back to the original tab and then click the scroll bar and try to drag up and down.

Using other programs works fine. No weird double or single clicking issues. No settings I can find for the mouse.
Also checked here Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Make the mouse easier to use. Found nothing that would suggest some kind of click issue.