[Ext] Personal Titlebar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Ede_123

Re: [Ext] Personal Titlebar

Post by Ede_123 »

@Speedie6: Did you by any chance press F10? It's the short-cut to hide Personal TitleBar's menu items. Apart from that you obviously have to enable the menu bar from customization dialogue (or via right click).
Speedie6

Post by Speedie6 »

I guess I must have. My mistake. Thanks. However, it seems that, at least for my purposes, Personal Titlebar is no longer needed with Firefox. When I first started using it, it didn't seem that Firefox allowed just two rows above the address line. The choices seemed to be 3 rows or 1 row. I wanted 2 rows, one for the menus and minimize/maximize/close buttons, and one for tabs. I always installed Personal Titlebar and never realized that it seems that Firefox has changed and now I can get 2 rows without Personal Titlebar. So, I'm not sure what value it is for me, at least at this time.

But thanks for pointing out my error. If I change my mind and decide I want to use Personal Titlebar again, I will keep that in mind. Though I'm not sure why I would even want to be able to hide the menus. Seems like a useless option to me. Maybe you could have an option to disable that?
johnnyzero

Post by johnnyzero »

This extension is great, and I've used it for several years.

One minor issue: on some systems, I find the text size to be a bit small. Is there any way that you could increase the text size by a point or two? Perhaps you could add an About:Config preference where the user can specify a point size (0=use theme default).

In any case, thanks for a nice extension.
Ede_123

Post by Ede_123 »

It seems that in a recent Firefox version (I'm using 47 now) some default behaviour changed affecting the "Titlebar Text" UI element:
It's no longer possible to move/maximize the window when clicking on the titlebar text.

Obviously this is an important feature of the tile bar, so I hope this functionality can be restored.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Ede_123 wrote:It seems that in a recent Firefox version (I'm using 47 now) some default behaviour changed affecting the "Titlebar Text" UI element:
It's no longer possible to move/maximize the window when clicking on the titlebar text.

Obviously this is an important feature of the tile bar, so I hope this functionality can be restored.
Hello, thanks for the bug report, please try the new version:
v2.0.20160701: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Fixed: Drag/click [Titlebar Text] no longer to move/maximize the window on Firefox47+.
+ Added: "Press F10 to switch the Menu Bar display" tooltips in Customize Toolbar panel.
Ede_123

Post by Ede_123 »

Great, that was a quick one! (Just noticed the automatic add-on update - it's reviewed already)
Thanks.
sealkit

Post by sealkit »

Hi, looks like the latest version refuse to install on Linux Arch with either FF 49.0.1 or 49.0.2 showing the add-on incompatibility with FF upon installation. Earlier versions are greyed out as incompatible. Is that the add-on works only on Windows?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

sealkit wrote:Hi, looks like the latest version refuse to install on Linux Arch with either FF 49.0.1 or 49.0.2 showing the add-on incompatibility with FF upon installation. Earlier versions are greyed out as incompatible. Is that the add-on works only on Windows?
YES, for Windows only.
Philtastic

Post by Philtastic »

Is there any way to change the color of the titlebar text?

I have tried using userChrome.css, but I'm not having any luck.

Thanks.