[Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.10)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
adams71

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.1.3)

Post by adams71 »

Hi Peuj,

Thanks for your very useful add-on, but version 2.1.3 does not work for me. I see main button, but duplicate tabs counter always shows 0 and the panel with options does not show up at all (nothing happens when I click on the button). Only version 2.1.1 is working fine for me, but it has other glitch in which Firefox starts up twice before acting correctly. Is there anything you could do about it?
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

adams71 wrote:Hi Peuj,

Thanks for your very useful add-on, but version 2.1.3 does not work for me. I see main button, but duplicate tabs counter always shows 0 and the panel with options does not show up at all (nothing happens when I click on the button). Only version 2.1.1 is working fine for me, but it has other glitch in which Firefox starts up twice before acting correctly. Is there anything you could do about it?
Hi,

* Do you start your Firefox directly in "Private mode"?
* If you start Firefox and then open a new window (so you have 2 windows opened), does the problem is solved in this new window?
adams71

Post by adams71 »

Yes, I was using private mode. After turning it off everything works fine in version 2.1.3 and Firefox does not start twice anymore. Thank you for good hint! But is it possible to make a fix for these problems in private mode too, so I wouldn't have to turn it off each time I need? Version 2.1.1 was compatibile with private mode, so why it was changed in 2.1.3?

Other questions:

Could you provide proper 32x32 icons of tab_disable.png and tab_enable.png for those who use large icons? I use Classic Theme Restorer for having them on navigation bar. That way DTC button is falsely upscaled from 16x16 to 32x32 and obviously not looking the best (it's blurry).

Also, could you consider using red background on counter when it detects duplicate tabs? Now it's always blue, right? I mean, if counter shows 0 then background can stay blue, but if it shows 1 or more duplicate tabs, it would go red.
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

Any news on the version for Firefox for Android?
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

adams71 wrote:Yes, I was using private mode. After turning it off everything works fine in version 2.1.3 and Firefox does not start twice anymore. Thank you for good hint! But is it possible to make a fix for these problems in private mode too, so I wouldn't have to turn it off each time I need? Version 2.1.1 was compatibile with private mode, so why it was changed in 2.1.3?

Other questions:

Could you provide proper 32x32 icons of tab_disable.png and tab_enable.png for those who use large icons? I use Classic Theme Restorer for having them on navigation bar. That way DTC button is falsely upscaled from 16x16 to 32x32 and obviously not looking the best (it's blurry).

Also, could you consider using red background on counter when it detects duplicate tabs? Now it's always blue, right? I mean, if counter shows 0 then background can stay blue, but if it shows 1 or more duplicate tabs, it would go red.
* There is a bug with the add-on sdk in Firefox and when you start Firefox in private mode, the first window is not recognized.
I've opened a ticket but I don't think this will be fixed.
The only solution I've found is to open a new window and to close the first one. This is what you see in the version 2.1.1 and as I've considered this was an ugly hack I've removed it.

* For the icons in 32x32, I agree but I'm really not good at this and it took me a lot of times to create the current icon. So I'll try to provide a 32x32 version but I need time...or help

* I'll changed the counter background color to red. And I may add an option to choose the color so everybody we'll be happy.
sabret00the wrote:Any news on the version for Firefox for Android?
I'm working on a version using the WebExtensions and this should help for the Chrome compatibility.
adams71

Post by adams71 »

Peuj wrote:I've opened a ticket but I don't think this will be fixed.
No matter of the result, thanks for your reaction.
Peuj wrote:The only solution I've found is to open a new window and to close the first one.
Tested it now, works fine.
Peuj wrote: * I'll changed the counter background color to red. And I may add an option to choose the color so everybody we'll be happy.
Excellent! Thank you very much. Just remember to customize it with two colors defined by user, for example: if 0 duplicate tabs - blue background, if ≥1 duplicate tabs - red background. This could be default.
Peuj wrote: * For the icons in 32x32, I agree but I'm really not good at this and it took me a lot of times to create the current icon. So I'll try to provide a 32x32 version but I need time...or help
I see, but don't you have maybe grey cross version of duplicatetabcloser.png? This file can be used as proper 32x32 red cross icon as it looks very same (except resolution of course) as 16x16 tab_enable.png, am I right? So, only grey cross version is missing. Hope you still remember how to (re)create it without putting too much efforts.
Mr6686

Post by Mr6686 »

Hi Peuj,
in the next version can you fix the fact that url with and without / at the end are not marked as duplicates (example: http://store.steampowered.com/app/294440/ and http://store.steampowered.com/app/294440).
Thanks in advance.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Mr6686 wrote:Hi Peuj,
in the next version can you fix the fact that url with and without / at the end are not marked as duplicates (example: http://store.steampowered.com/app/294440/ and http://store.steampowered.com/app/294440).
Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Thanks for the report, it's fixed. I will release a new version very soon.
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.1.5)

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 2.1.5 released:

* Bug fixes
* New: 32 x 32 icon button
* New: added an option to choose the color of the badge button

Note:
I'm working on the webextension, this should allow to support:
* e10s (electrolysis aka multi-process)
* Chrome, Opera
* Firefox for android
then I will add the "whitelist" feature
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

Peuj wrote:I'm working on the webextension, this should allow to support:
* e10s (electrolysis aka multi-process)
* Chrome, Opera
* Firefox for android
then I will add the "whitelist" feature
Can't wait, good luck!
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

Any news on the webextension? I'm excited to test it.
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.2.0)

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 2.2.0 released:

* e10s (electrolysis aka multi-process) is fully supported
* Multiple bug fixes and optimizations
* Options are back in the "about:addons"
* New: added a new filter option "Compare with tab title"
* New: added hotkey Ctrl+Alt+w to close all duplicate tabs (this can be configured in the options)

Next:
* Add priority option to keep the tab with https
* Whitelist

About WebExtension version:
The WebExtension version is mostly done but I cannot release it yet because:
* I don't know yet how to support "Tag Group" extensions
* For the moment there is no way to show the popup panel programmatically (=> Show panel on duplicate tab detected)
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

For those interested by localization, I've created a project at BabelZilla http://beta.babelzilla.org/projects/p/d ... bs-closer/

Thanks
siennak

Post by siennak »

Does this support Android's Firefox yet?
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

siennak wrote:Does this support Android's Firefox yet?
Not yet sorry, it will be when I'll switch to the WebExtension SDK.