pcxfirefox build update to -1

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
avada

Re: pcxfirefox build update to -1

Post by avada »

maur0 wrote:pcx im testin firefox 48 alpha and result is direct2d and page movment with using GPU is mutch more faster then preview version in future build your you using new render firefox 48 alpha, in your builds firefox 47 for example, result is totaly more faster and perfect for this feature.
Your english is so broken I doubt that anyone understood anything of this post.
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

It sounds like something in Firefox 48 alpha makes rendering much faster, and I think they're asking the builder of pcxfirefox if that will be in pcxfirefox soon.
maur0

Post by maur0 »

libertyernie wrote:It sounds like something in Firefox 48 alpha makes rendering much faster, and I think they're asking the builder of pcxfirefox if that will be in pcxfirefox soon.
yes mutch more faster 3x times more faster screen its very cool if pcx anticipate this new way of rendering in pcxfirefox version
DAC324

Post by DAC324 »

Hello,
unfortunately, it seems that xunxun1982 is not available any more for making new versions of pcxfirefox.That's a real pity but there is apparently nothing we can do.

Kind regards,
DAC324
avada

Post by avada »

DAC324 wrote:Hello,
unfortunately, it seems that xunxun1982 is not available any more for making new versions of pcxfirefox.That's a real pity but there is apparently nothing we can do.

Kind regards,
DAC324
How did you know?

BTW I've been using lawlietfox this is build is lacking. It seems quite similar. (Althoug I don't think it has a simple portable mode like pcx.)
DAC324

Post by DAC324 »

avada wrote:
DAC324 wrote:Hello,
How did you know?
Just have a look at http://pcxfirefox.wordpress.com/ .
Last entry there is from 2016-05-02. Meanwhile, we already have Firefox Release version 47 and there is no update on the PCXFirefox pages for more than 2 months now. Also, no sign of life from xunxun1982 here in the thread :(
avada wrote:
DAC324 wrote: BTW I've been using lawlietfox this is build is lacking. It seems quite similar. (Although I don't think it has a simple portable mode like pcx.)
Lawlietfox, in the past, seemed to have some problems with extensions. In particular, the 64-bit plugin restriction which is removed in PCXFirefox, is still present in Lawlietfox.

Kind regards,
DAC324
avada

Post by avada »

DAC324 wrote:Just have a look at http://pcxfirefox.wordpress.com/ .
Last entry there is from 2016-05-02. Meanwhile, we already have Firefox Release version 47 and there is no update on the PCXFirefox pages for more than 2 months now. Also, no sign of life from xunxun1982 here in the thread :(
You wrote that two weeks before FF47. So you were just making it up.

As for activity the blog is only updated when a new version is released. He wasn't active on the forum either unless someone asked something.
colin1951uk

Post by colin1951uk »

Hi there,

I'm a new user and evaluating your build of Firefox 47.0.1.

I certainly find it much faster than the normal build but have noticed something strange about it.

I can't see the Data Choices tab under Advanced Preferences.

All I see is a blank screen for Data Choices.

Is this normal for your build?

I ask because I normally use a portable version of FF and with that I can see all of the options available on the Data Choices tab and I prefer to have them switch offed.

I don't know if this peculiarity is normal for your build or might be a bug.

What do you think?
avada

Post by avada »

colin1951uk wrote:Hi there,

I'm a new user and evaluating your build of Firefox 47.0.1.

I certainly find it much faster than the normal build but have noticed something strange about it.

I can't see the Data Choices tab under Advanced Preferences.

All I see is a blank screen for Data Choices.

Is this normal for your build?

I ask because I normally use a portable version of FF and with that I can see all of the options available on the Data Choices tab and I prefer to have them switch offed.

I don't know if this peculiarity is normal for your build or might be a bug.

What do you think?
I'm quite sure those are disabled and unavailable in this build. As they should, because this is not an official build it shouldn't send telemetry or crash reports to mozilla.
colin1951uk

Post by colin1951uk »

avada wrote:I'm quite sure those are disabled and unavailable in this build. As they should, because this is not an official build it shouldn't send telemetry or crash reports to mozilla.
The tab is in the official Mozilla release, it lists three options:-

1) Enable Firefox Health Report

2) Share additional data (i.e., Telemetry)

3) Enable Crash Reporter

All three are selectable, but I choose not to use any.

Strange why it's not there in your build.

I just point it out for reference sake as it doesn't impact on the good work you're doing here.

Cheers.
DAC324

Post by DAC324 »

colin1951uk wrote: The tab is in the official Mozilla release, it lists three options:-

1) Enable Firefox Health Report

2) Share additional data (i.e., Telemetry)

3) Enable Crash Reporter

All three are selectable, but I choose not to use any.

Strange why it's not there in your build.
Your question has already been answered by avada.
As PCXFirefox is not an official Mozilla build it should not send any data to Mozilla. Therefore, this tab has been disabled. Of course, it would be nice if that was written there on the tab itself ;)
Perhaps, it will be in future releases of PCXFirefox ;)

Kind regards,
DAC324
colin1951uk

Post by colin1951uk »

DAC324 wrote:Your question has already been answered by avada.
Ah I've just clicked :)

When avada said
avada wrote:because this is not an official build it shouldn't send telemetry or crash reports to mozilla.
I thought he meant 47.0.1 wasn't an official build, I didn't realize he was pointing at pcfirefox :?

Now it's all clear to me.

Sorry my bad, you have to make allowances for my age lol :oops:

Thanks for putting me right!
DAC324

Post by DAC324 »

Hello,

as you can see in the previous discussion. PCXFirefox build 47.0.1 has been released. Many thanks from my side to xunxun1982 for his work. Hopefully, it will be possible to continue developing PCXFirefox as Mozilla now will introduce a new programming language called Rust in their official builds:
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2016/07/shipp ... n-firefox/

Kind regards,
DAC324
maur0

Post by maur0 »

xunxun1982 sugestion for you add in next version of your firefox, multi-process option, present in night version of firefox this option acelerate mutch screen and using mutch more faster your GPU, very good feature.

https://vgy.me/rIzG9g.png
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

maur0 wrote:xunxun1982 sugestion for you add in next version of your firefox, multi-process option, present in night version of firefox this option acelerate mutch screen and using mutch more faster your GPU, very good feature.

https://vgy.me/rIzG9g.png
The test edition:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcxfir ... z/download

e10s mode is not enabled by default, you can check the option box.

I use release mode+e10s, so I don't know what is the defect.