Light, a light firefox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
greyowl2

Re: Light, a light firefox

Post by greyowl2 »

Thanks for the help.
I tried the beta version on Mozilla Archive Format, and it works fine now. Thank you.

I copied nssckbi.dll from FF to Light folder, but it still does not work. Do I need to remove anything from the Light folder? It did not have a nssckbi.dll in it originally.
I tried to add exceptions for sub-domains, but I still cannot get the website mail.yandex.com to work.

What should I do now in order to get access to my email at mail.yandex.com?
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

greyowl2 wrote:Thanks for the help.
I tried the beta version on Mozilla Archive Format, and it works fine now. Thank you.

I copied nssckbi.dll from FF to Light folder, but it still does not work. Do I need to remove anything from the Light folder? It did not have a nssckbi.dll in it originally.
I tried to add exceptions for sub-domains, but I still cannot get the website mail.yandex.com to work.

What should I do now in order to get access to my email at mail.yandex.com?
After copying, you need to restart light. And make sure you are copying from 32bit firefox. It only requires copying the nssckbi.dll. No other things need to be done.

At least, you need to add exceptions for yastatic.net. You can find error message in the error console, which contain the related domains.
greyowl2

Post by greyowl2 »

I copied nssckbi.dll from FF to Light as instructed.
I added an exception for yastatic.net.
Yandex Mail site will still not work.

Have you be able to replicate this problem?
It worked fine in previous versions of Light.

Do you have any other ideas?
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

greyowl2 wrote:I copied nssckbi.dll from FF to Light as instructed.
I added an exception for yastatic.net.
Yandex Mail site will still not work.

Have you be able to replicate this problem?
It worked fine in previous versions of Light.

Do you have any other ideas?
After copying or adding exceptions, I can get the login page.
greyowl2

Post by greyowl2 »

This is strange. I still get the page saying that the connection is not secure.
Sailor Enceladus

Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Very nice. I have been using FF28 on Slacko Puppy for like ... ever, and found Pale Moon to function worse recently (and has bugs still in FF24). Light is finally an up-to-date Australis Firefox I can truly use on my 11-year-old laptop with 1GB ram and no swapfile without it freezing my OS with 3 or 4 tabs open. Feels smooth too. Don't know why I never heard about it before coming to this forum.
axxel6307

Post by axxel6307 »

I have a windows 8.1 machine and when I try to install this it says cant be installed this version of light requires windows version 7 64 or newer..... What am I doing wrong? Are there different downloads available for this and maybe I got the wrong one? I only saw one link though...
axxel6307

Post by axxel6307 »

okay I got it installed but I try to install the 2015 redistibutable, I get setup failure. The other method of dragging the dll into the folder didn't work either.... Really hoping for some help here. Excited to try this browser.
bacounsel

Post by bacounsel »

If a user installs Light on Win7 PC and vc 2015 redistributable files are also required by Light to be installed, it's safer to install DLL files within ucrt_x86.zip, which is downloadable from the Extra Folder on the Light download page, instead of from Microsoft sites. Otherwise, the user's Windows could be affected and become unstable, particularly if the Windows installation is non-genuine.

In the process of installing Visual C files from Microsoft sites, it has happened that one or more Windows Updates would also be installed stealthily with the user's knowledge on to the system that could severely affect Windows performance.
bacounsel

Post by bacounsel »

Correction!

In the second paragraph, please read: "... one or more Windows Updates would also be installed stealthily without the user's knowledge ..."
bacounsel

Post by bacounsel »

Even after the user has uninstalled relevant Windows Updates, the instability conditions are unresolved and still continuing. If anyone knows of a remedy to this Windows problem, please advise.

It has happened during the past few days that each PC booting took more than 30 minutes before the process finished. This is becoming intolerable, really.
tokarev7

Post by tokarev7 »

Any tips on how to get this working on Light?
https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/
Zeokat

Post by Zeokat »

Just a little question... is possible provide the browser without an installer for Windows?

Only curious, bceause i love that packages on Windows that only needs unzip and run.
When tecnlogy meets dreams
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

Zeokat wrote:Just a little question... is possible provide the browser without an installer for Windows?

Only curious, bceause i love that packages on Windows that only needs unzip and run.
just uncompress the installer using 7zip
Sailor Enceladus

Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Was there ever a Linux version for light-28? I would love a light version without the Australis junk.

I found these flags in the Windows version of light-28:
--enable-application=browser --with-l10n-base=/d/develop/mozilla/L10n --enable-exact-rooting --enable-gcgenerational --with-branding=browser/branding/official --disable-tests --with-app-basename=Light --with-app-vendor=Light --disable-webgl --disable-directshow --disable-updater --disable-maintenance-service --disable-crashreporter --disable-dbm --disable-skia --disable-opus --disable-ogg --disable-webrtc --disable-webm --disable-wave --disable-parental-controls --disable-gamepad --disable-necko-wifi --without-intl-api --disable-payment --disable-telemetry --disable-libpkix --disable-identity --disable-servces-sync --disable-accessibility --disable-webapp-runtime --disable-services-healthreport --disable-safe-browsing --disable-pdfjs --disable-tabview --disable-social --disable-devtools --enable-nojsshell --enable-jemalloc --disable-shared-js --disable-shared-gkmedias --disable-profile-sps --disable-webspeech
Are these still the ones you'd recommend using, if you compiled a light-28 for Linux today?

Here's the flags in Linux light-46 for comparison:
--target=i686-pc-linux --enable-application=browser --disable-profile-sps --with-l10n-base=/media/data/develop/mozilla/L10n --enable-default-toolkit=cairo-gtk2 --disable-gmp --disable-webm --disable-opus --disable-ogg --disable-vpx --disable-webgl --disable-payment --disable-telemetry --disable-servces-sync --disable-identity --disable-social --disable-devtools --disable-pdfjs 'CC=gcc -m32' 'CXX=g++ -m32' --disable-accessibility --enable-bundled-fonts --disable-crashreporter --disable-dbm --disable-debug-symbols --disable-directshow --disable-gamepad --disable-maintenance-service --disable-media-navigator --disable-necko-wifi '--enable-optimize=-O3 -mtune=core2 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse' --disable-parental-controls --enable-raw --enable-release --disable-safe-browsing --disable-skia --enable-stdcxx-compat --disable-tests --disable-trace-logging --disable-updater --disable-webrtc --disable-webspeech --with-app-basename=Light --with-branding=browser/branding/official --without-intl-api