Forgot Username and Password

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Jainagirl

Forgot Username and Password

Post by Jainagirl »

Well, so now I did it. I can't remember my username and password and the login process doesn't recognize my email address. I know it was working because I had posted some thing and got a reply. What should I do now?
amrad

Re: Forgot Username and Password

Post by amrad »

If you can find the your post, that will give you your username. Are you sure the email address that isn't recognised is the one you used when registering with mozillaZine?

Regards,

Dave.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Jainagirl

Post by Jainagirl »

I tried the procedure suggested by limpet235 on this thread. I specified five fields from the .csv file and it only brought in two of the five fields in the .csv. Also, I'm sure I used the right email address (I have only 2). Would it be possible for admin to wipe out my account completely so I can create a new one?

:?

Jaina
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Limpet's reply was simply pointing out your original post to the forums which did not involve any problem with logging in. Let's keep the issue of your user name and your email address import requirement separate so things don't get confused here.

I did a forced reactivation on your user account so you should receive an email to help you log in.
Jainagirl

Post by Jainagirl »

I did get the email. I tried to log in using the password it contained, but I was unable to. Not sure what to do next...

"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below"

I responded to that, as well. No go. Can we totally delete my account and allow me to create a new account for which I will note the username and password?

J
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Seeing as the OP has regained her abilities, this is getting locked to stop any spam.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)