Right click open in new tab is not working, help please

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
StoneRyno

Right click open in new tab is not working, help please

Post by StoneRyno »

I searched for a solution. But what I found doesn't fix it. I clean installed the latest firefox dev edition. And restored my profile from a zip I made of the profile before uninstalling. Also in a new profile (the clean profile installed with the install) the right click menu won't even appear. So I have no idea what to do now. Right click menu comes up in the profile I'm using but I don't think any of the menu items are doing anything. Thanks.
DanRaisch

Re: Right click open in new tab is not working, help please

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
therube

Post by therube »

Right click open in new tab is not working
Everywhere? Only some sites?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
StoneRyno

Post by StoneRyno »

In safe mode it takes a few attempts of choose the right click open in a new tab option and wait 30 seconds each time before the tab appears. And yes it doesn't appear to matter what site or page I'm on and any link I right click on in regular mode fails to open the link in a new tab.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

What security software are you running on that system?
StoneRyno

Post by StoneRyno »

Bitdefender. Ive been using it for some almost 10 years now. And a year almost on this current version of it. Mysteriously earlier I was able to open a link in a new tab this way earlier today. So I don't know if switching to and back from safe mode jarred something that was causing it.
StoneRyno

Post by StoneRyno »

And this morning it's back to not opening links in a new window from the right click menu. So that one time it worked last night must have been a pure luck thing.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Any particular reason your using the beta version (50.x) rather than a current release version (48.0)?
StoneRyno

Post by StoneRyno »

I always like to help out testing and feedback of stuff to help make products better. Ive been using the beta since firefox began. Since this issue cropped up with one of the updates prior to me posting the thread, I was hoping with a few of us putting our heads together we could find the cause. As of right now the only thing that has changed is the firefox build from when it was working without issue. This has been the first major issue I've had in a very long time. And one that I was not able to find the cause so that a fix can be done.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Over at MS support it appears to be a Win 10 key mapping thing.... none of us here except the OP are using Win 10 so none of us can reproduce the problem
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
James

Post by James »

Since you are Testing the Aurora aka Developer Edition builds (50.0a2) and not using the stabled Release this should be in Firefox Builds. Moved. Btw Firefox 49.0 is currently on Beta channel as 49.0b# and not 50.0.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

JayhawksRock wrote:Over at MS support it appears to be a Win 10 key mapping thing.... none of us here except the OP are using Win 10 so none of us can reproduce the problem

I'm on Win10 and I have no problem right-click 'Open Link in new Tab, Or Window, or Private Window....

OP, can you give more detail steps on how/what your trying to open with right-click ? I'm assuming your getting the correct context right-click menu ?
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

I found a bug with Linux Mint.
#1293064 [Firefox:New Tab Page]-Open in New Window /Tab options not working (right click) 48.0 on Linux Mint Cinnamon 18 [Lin]

> This is Linux Mint's package's issue.
>
> related bugs here
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/1610643
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/1610716
therube

Post by therube »

I always like to help out testing
And Safe Mode?
And a new, clean Profile?
And (a copy of) the existing Profile along with FF 48 Release?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
StoneRyno

Post by StoneRyno »

TheVisitor wrote:OP, can you give more detail steps on how/what your trying to open with right-click ? I'm assuming your getting the correct context right-click menu ?
As far as I can tell it is every link I right click including links in this thread. The right click context menu appears to be correct. Safe mode results see my post above. A new profile results in right click context menu not appearing when right clicking. My current profile is a copy of my existing profile from prior to the clean install of the current firefox install.