Vision Problem, How to Change Font Color in URL Tooltip?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
MonkeyMotions

Vision Problem, How to Change Font Color in URL Tooltip?

Post by MonkeyMotions »

Hello SeaMonkey Lovers,

Please bear with a non-computer expert who needs help...

Due to vision problems I need some help if I'm to continue to use SeaMonkey (which has always been my favorite browser). The current color choices for the SeaMonkey URL Tooltip (down in the toolbar) are white text on a beige background, which obviously makes it very hard to see. Have "monkeyed around" inside SeaMonkey and inside Control Panel, to try to change these colors so I can see the URL easier, but it's still white on beige no matter what settings I change. (These colors may (?) be a function of the "theme" presently used which is "Lilac Prediction" by MaDonna.)

Oper. System is Win7 Starter and the settings have been changed within the Control Panel to make background white and text color black for Tooltip. Nothing changed inside browser, so apparently Microsoft settings do not affect what SeaMonkey does with Tooltips. (?)

BTW, am using SM v. 2.24 because of small RAM on this machine and this version does everything needed, so I'm not interested in upgrading to a more recent version (unless the only way I can change the URL Tooltip font color would be to upgrade!).

Also BTW, I have used Cyberfox, which allows an ADD-ON version of Tooltip that places the tip above the actual hypertext link in the webpage (instead of at built-in Tooltip at bottom of browser page), and am wondering if there's a way to make the URL Tooltip appear via mouse-over in SeaMonkey?

Hope my problem/questions are clear and someone can tell me how to get the URL Tooltips to be more legible for me.

Thank you in advance for any help. And thank you for SeaMonkey. It's the best (fastest, easiest to use) browser out there, and it's not a resource 'hog' like so many browsers now seem to be. Hope it continues to be available, especially for us with "older" machines.

Best wishes,
MM
therube

Re: Vision Problem, How to Change Font Color in URL Tooltip?

Post by therube »

(These colors may (?) be a function of the "theme" presently used which is "Lilac Prediction" by MaDonna.)
Restart in Safe Mode (which uses the default theme) & you will know if its theme related.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
isaacschemm

Re: Vision Problem, How to Change Font Color in URL Tooltip?

Post by isaacschemm »

It does look like it's related to that theme.

There is a way to override the status bar color using a file called userChrome.css in the profile folder.
This file is a pretty open-ended way to override SeaMonkey's regular styles.
On Windows you can press (Windows key)+R and type in %appdata%\mozilla\seamonkey\profiles, then go to the profile folder there (usually there's just one) and then to the chrome folder. (If userChrome.css doesn't exist yet, copy userChrome-example.css to userChrome.css)

Add this at the bottom:

Code: Select all

#status-bar {
    color: black;
    text-shadow: none;
}