Automatic Sync Disabled, Cannot Update - Android

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
Justin P Brown

Automatic Sync Disabled, Cannot Update - Android

Post by Justin P Brown »

I have recently installed the latest version of Firefox onto my Android mobile device. I have a Firefox account which I have logged into. I am trying to sync with my pc web browser (Comodo Ice Dragon). I know there has been some synchronisation as I have my bookmark folders appear in Firefox on the device, but I cannot auto sync & the bookmarks won't update.

On my device I go to settings then tap the account email address & am at a sync settings page. I have this error message: 'The sync is set, but automatic synchronisation is disabled. Go to the menu - Data Use - Android settings and check - Syncronise data automatically.'

(I cannot find a menu for data use.)

All the other options on the sync page are greyed out excpet 'More' there is a red 'Disconnected...' message too. Clicking on any of the options, including 'More' does nothing, except if I click on 'Disconnected...' which takes me to a Firefox account sign in page where I sign in, am prompted to verify via email, (which I do), & returned to the sync page where the initial error message is still displayed.

Is there a way to manually sync the browser? I would prefer this as I am unfamiliar with Firefox & it has not yet gained my trust. I have used Maxthon previously to Firefox which was very simple compared to this.

Can anyone help?
DanRaisch

Re: Automatic Sync Disabled, Cannot Update - Android

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Mobile.
Justin P Brown

Post by Justin P Brown »

Thank you DanRaisch. I am new to the site & did not realise I'd posted in an inappropriate area. Thank you for your assistance.

Justin
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. It wasn't an "inappropriate" area, just a location less likely to be seen by others using the mobile version and thus able to provide input on your question.
JanH

Post by JanH »

If you're looking at the new tab page, you might be able to manually force a sync by going to history, clicking on the "Synced devices" folder and then pulling the page down until a spinner appears.